Grilled FIsh Recipes...anyone got any?
Jul 4, 2008 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

darkangel9685

100+ Head-Fier
I looking to grill up some fish tonite for dinner, along with the usual burgers and hot dogs.

Anyone have a good grilling recipe/marinade for fish? I've been poking around online, and found a few, but nothing terribly exciting.

My guests are pretty much open to anything...I even managed to get them to have hummus tonite! So I don't really have any "requirements" per say.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 9
1 salmon fillet
1 cedar plank
olive oil
S&P

S&P salmon, apply olive oil to plank, set fish on plank, set plank on grill, cover, remove, eat, smile, email heaping praise to deadie.
biggrin.gif

Here's a more detailed approach.

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 9
Any fish in particular?

I'd hit a local fish place and see what's just been brought in and then plan around what they have. Really fresh fish beats out everything.

We might do some scallops tonight. We'll put those on skewers and grill until they turn a little opaque (5-6 minutes, depending on heat) and squeeze lemons over them. Then we'll drizzle them with a sauce made from an Asian spice blend (you'll see these as Chinese Spices sometimes), soy, mayonnaise, and a little sesame oil. Just mix them together to taste.

Very good and they're usually gone within minutes of leaving the grill.

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We might do some scallops tonight .. Then we'll drizzle them with a sauce made from an Asian spice blend ...

OMG Uncle Erik that sounds fantastic. Can you get real wild-caught scallops where you are? Harder and harder to find and more costly every day here in NJ. My wife won't buy the farmed ones.

Jul 4, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #5 of 9
1/2 c Pineapple juice
3 tb Soy sauce
1 1/2 ts Ginger
1/2 ts Garlic powder
1/4 c Jack Daniel's Whiskey

or follwing deadie's suggestion...

salmon fillet
cedar plank (lightly soaked w/Jack Daniels)
S&P

Jul 4, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #6 of 9
Pfft, grilled fish doesn't NEED anything else!

Just a little sea salt and cracked black, some fresh lemon squeezings and you're golden.

Jul 4, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #7 of 9
I grilled salmon fillets the other day with butter ( or olive oil ) and real maple syrup (fresh dill is optional) ... all wrapped in foil with a few punctures in it to let the steam out. Tasted pretty good. The nice thing about doing fish in foil, is that your BBQ doesn't get skanked up.

Jul 4, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #8 of 9
Olive Oil
Lemon
Old Bay

Or teriyaki - I make my own. But the above three are great on just about everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back