Greetings... and Questions about Good Pairings for the Chord Mojo...
Apr 2, 2017 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Jack71

New Head-Fier
Hello all, my first post after lurking for some time.

I'm going to be picking up a Chord Mojo and was wondering about good headphones and iem's to pair with it. I had a pair of Grado 325e's that I loved but ultimately sold because of ear fatigue from the high end. From what I've read about the Mojo, it seems its musicality and slight warmth would help tame the high end without affecting that famous Grado clarity and presence.

Anybody paired a Mojo with an HD600?

How about the Grado GR10's (GR10e's)?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 11
Hello all, my first post after lurking for some time.

I'm going to be picking up a Chord Mojo and was wondering about good headphones and iem's to pair with it. I had a pair of Grado 325e's that I loved but ultimately sold because of ear fatigue from the high end. From what I've read about the Mojo, it seems its musicality and slight warmth would help tame the high end without affecting that famous Grado clarity and presence.

Anybody paired a Mojo with an HD600?

How about the Grado GR10's (GR10e's)?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

My HD600 through Mojo is positively beautiful. Really brings out the mids in all their glory and tightened bass with more detail. Impressive.

Haven't paired with the Grados you list, sorry.

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #4 of 11
I had the HD 600 and Mojo. It's a good pairing with strong dynamics, but if you want to avoid fatigue, get the HD 650 or use EQ. The upper frequency peaks of the HD 600 (which you can pinpoint with a frequency sweep) were an issue for me that I did not encounter with the HD 650.

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 11
I had the HD 600 and Mojo. It's a good pairing with strong dynamics, but if you want to avoid fatigue, get the HD 650 or use EQ. The upper frequency peaks of the HD 600 (which you can pinpoint with a frequency sweep) were an issue for me that I did not encounter with the HD 650.

Thank you for the insight. The concern I have regarding the 650 is reports of it lacking openness and detail. Have you ever listened to any of the Grado stuff? Are the high end spikes of the HD 600 on par with those of Grado cans? I love the Grado sound. It really does feel like you are on stage with the band. But yes, the high end can be fatiguing.

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #6 of 11
Thank you for the insight. The concern I have regarding the 650 is reports of it lacking openness and detail. Have you ever listened to any of the Grado stuff? Are the high end spikes of the HD 600 on par with those of Grado cans? I love the Grado sound. It really does feel like you are on stage with the band. But yes, the high end can be fatiguing.

I haven't heard Grado, but I have owned/heard lots of the expensive stuff. The HD 650 gets you most of the way there. Heck, I'd pick it over many much more expensive headphones. The peaks of the HD 600 are nowhere near as severe as the HD 700 and HD 800, and you can fix it with EQ. But the HD 650 has better sound quality IMO.

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #10 of 11
I have the 325e's and love the sound. I also have some planers I use with the Mojo but the cans I reach for the most when I use the Mojo is the Shure SRH 945's. The clarity is unbelievable and there is just the right amount of base. Hope this helps.

945's or 940's? I don't see an SRH945 listed for any Shure headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back