Greatest Vette ever
Sep 22, 2002 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 12
That is one awesome car. I live close to the seller I should go take a look at the car. (I probably won't though because the seller probably would not want some 16-year-old kid taking up his time gawking at his car.)

Sep 22, 2002 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 12
yeah, if you can call vette's....or any other american car for that matter....great.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2002 at 9:18 PM Post #4 of 12
Give me a '68 mustang hardtop any day...

Sep 22, 2002 at 9:40 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by jms007bnd007
yeah, if you can call vette's....or any other american car for that matter....great.
smily_headphones1.gif

There are many great American cars. Here is a short list.
66 AC Cobra
66 Vette Stingray
70 Hemi Cuda/Superbird/Challenger/all hemi's
2002 Vette ZO6

Sep 22, 2002 at 9:57 PM Post #6 of 12
Can I have a '70 Dodge Challenger T/A, please? You can call me Kowalski, then, if you want...
biggrin.gif

Vanishing point-esque greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Sep 22, 2002 at 10:44 PM Post #7 of 12
But I think I like the late 50's Vettes even better for style. Of course, for speed they're all kinda lame in stock condition until the C5 and Z.

Sep 23, 2002 at 12:24 AM Post #8 of 12
that car has been butchered.I bet some nit-wit thought swapping the big-block for the smaller motor was a good idea.

I think my 2002 Z06 is the greatest Vette ever.I love it.It is the fatest stock car I have ever owned and is way better than the BMW M3 that I dumped to buy it.

As as that comment about American cars.I'm sure that Europe and Asia make great cars.Until something breaks.Bend over then.My wife owned a 1999 M430 that was a rolling POS and cost us big money to own and maintain.The 2002 M3 was another junk that just started self-destructing.I'll stick with American vehicles from now on.

Sep 23, 2002 at 12:43 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
that car has been butchered.I bet some nit-wit thought swapping the big-block for the smaller motor was a good idea.

I think my 2002 Z06 is the greatest Vette ever.I love it.It is the fatest stock car I have ever owned and is way better than the BMW M3 that I dumped to buy it.

As as that comment about American cars.I'm sure that Europe and Asia make great cars.Until something breaks.Bend over then.My wife owned a 1999 M430 that was a rolling POS and cost us big money to own and maintain.The 2002 M3 was another junk that just started self-destructing.I'll stick with American vehicles from now on.

The Zo6 is a very very nice car however I would still prefer my dad's 70 Cuda over it just for nastalga purposes. The sound of a Cudas motor can not be equaled IMO. Please remember this is just my opinion
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 23, 2002 at 1:18 AM Post #10 of 12
I love the sound of any american V-8.Over the years I have been around them so much I have been able to learn to distinguish them by sound.Some of the Chrylser V-8s sound great.I especially love the sound of a big Hemi and a large displacement,high compression Big Block Chevy with a big cam.This is gonna make me wanna go out to the garage to fire up my 1965 Malibu.

Sep 23, 2002 at 4:37 AM Post #11 of 12
well checkout the new caddy XLR.. its gonna be built on the Corvette platform.. For those of you that want lil more upscale performance.

Sep 23, 2002 at 5:09 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by daycart1
But I think I like the late 50's Vettes even better for style. Of course, for speed they're all kinda lame in stock condition until the C5 and Z.

The ultimate Vette is a late 50's or early 60's modified with early ninety's engine and suspension. That gives you the best of both. Great styling of the pre-Stingray Vette and great handling and power, not to mention dependability of the C4 Vette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back