greatest rock screamer?
May 1, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #61 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
The infamous Eddie, funny some people who claim to listen to maiden have no idea who he is.

how can any self-respecting Maiden fan not know who Eddie is?
confused.gif
that's just wrong...

Apr 4, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #66 of 77
I immediately thought of Rob Halford, then phil anselmo, but I would rather listen to Chris Cornell on Temple of the Dog. I like Hetfield's voice more but he does not scream, he shouts.

Apr 4, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #67 of 77
Fred Schneider could have been on his way to superstardom in screaming if he hadn't limited this dimension of his vocal talent to the line "but she isn't" in the song Planet Claire, LOL.

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #71 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapiozona /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe not a single person has said Chester Bennington of Linkin Park. He's in a completely different league when it comes to rock 'screamers'

I'm with you. Sadly LP gets overlooked here a lot, probably because they are too mainstream or something. Even more sad because their albums are among the best recorded and mastered among modern rock.

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #73 of 77
If by "screaming" you meand hitting an high note with clean voice, the best at it is Rob Halford, no contest, listen to his scream at the end of "Tyrant" from "Sad wings of destiny", he had almost a soprano voice.

Apr 4, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #75 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by kretzschmar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mike patton......easily

someone finally agrees with me... and it only took FOUR FREAKIN' YEARS!!

atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back