Greatest music video of all time
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

fjrabon

Headphoneus Supremus
Apr 7, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 20
The video is cheap crap. The music is a simpleton rap with lyrics that sound like they came out of a rhyming dictionary. The swearing does nothing except to add to how hollow the entire act is. Honestly, these guys are like some bizzare sketch show joke where PJ & Duncan play KISS pretending to be The Fresh Prince.

Absolutely dreadful. Threadbait this criminal deserves corporal punishment.

Apr 7, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The video is cheap crap. The music is a simpleton rap with lyrics that sound like they came out of a rhyming dictionary. The swearing does nothing except to add to how hollow the entire act is. Honestly, these guys are like some bizzare sketch show joke where PJ & Duncan play KISS pretending to be The Fresh Prince.

Absolutely dreadful. Threadbait this criminal deserves corporal punishment.

that's the beauty. How great is the line "F'ing magnets, how do they work?"

Combine the awesomely awful lines with the bizarre green screen images, the overly saccharine message and juxtapose this over the gratuitous profanity and dark clown image and it's just too perfectly awful.

At first I thought it was an intentional parody, but then I realized it's actually real and they legitimately thought this was deep and meaningful. Which makes it even better.

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 20
It gets my vote. Not every day you get to see a hardcore hip-hop duo painted like hardcore mimes rapping about trees and ****in' shooting stars in front of 90s special effects.

And ****in' rainbows. I love ****in' rainbows.

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #9 of 20
First, 'time' has not ended. Yet.

Second, best so far would be, imo, A-Ha's Take On Me or Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer.

/thread

Apr 10, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #12 of 20
Be sure to watch in 1080p HD
biggrin.gif

YouTube - OK Go - This Too Shall Pass - Rube Goldberg Machine version - Official

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #13 of 20
In addition to a few already mentioned, I'll also nominate this piece from one band notorious for way-over-the-top rock'n'roll theatrics (and not failing to deliver here):

THE DAMNED - Wendy O. Williams and the Plasmatics (1982)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The band was a controversial group known for wild live shows that broke countless taboos. In addition to chainsawing guitars, blowing up speaker cabinets and sledgehammering television sets, Williams and the Plasmatics blew up automobiles live on stage. Williams was arrested in Milwaukee by the Milwaukee police before being charged with public indecency.[1]

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #14 of 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back