Great place to reference headphones
Apr 17, 2006 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

aznsensazian

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, i thought this website had an array of headphones old and new to research and check out the nice pictures.
http://headphones.warzone.org/ Was it someone here that created this lovely site?

Apr 17, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #2 of 13
WOW! Great site. I first thought that it must have been started by a Head-fi member because the Grado HF-1 is listed and it even says that it is "A limited edition headphone made exclusively for members of Head-Fi." But then I noticed that neither the KSC35 or 75 are listed under Koss. So now i'm just not sure.

Apr 17, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #4 of 13
Cool site. I just added it to my favorites! Thanks.

Apr 17, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 13
Nice quantity, but IMO this site isn't the best in terms of quality. A lot of the pictures are small, and there are many stock manufacturer pics. Also, it would be nice to see some reviews/opinions included with the pics... without that it's simply a visual admirer's site (and not all that great even for that). Sorry to be critical, just as I see it.

Apr 17, 2006 at 11:14 AM Post #7 of 13
I like the site.........whoever did it put in considerable effort and time. The missing detail, however, is years of production for older models. ..........Those who complained about pic. size need to learn to click on the pics for large full-page views.
Kudoes for this fine effort which should be helpful to those of us afflicted with headphone-itis.

Apr 17, 2006 at 12:27 PM Post #9 of 13
I created the site(originally in 2003 I believe), thanks for all the comments! Don't hesitate to send in any photos or corrections. It's very hard to keep everything up-to-date and error free, and many times the only way I know is if someone emails me about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Nice quantity, but IMO this site isn't the best in terms of quality. A lot of the pictures are small, and there are many stock manufacturer pics. Also, it would be nice to see some reviews/opinions included with the pics... without that it's simply a visual admirer's site (and not all that great even for that). Sorry to be critical, just as I see it.

Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to find high resolution photos of all headphone models, and still moderately difficult to find them for even popular models. The reason stock manufacturer photos are there is because I'd rather have SOMETHING representing the model than nothing at all.

As far as headphone reviews and opinions-- it would make the site way too complicated, biased, and probably wouldn't work. Headphonereviews.org set out to do this, and it hasn't been very popular. I considered having a simple voting mechanism that allows visitors to rate a headphone up to 5 stars or something like that, but I still like having it completely unbiased and factual.

Apr 17, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #10 of 13
MSRP for HF-1s: 200$. Street price: 200$
orphsmile.gif

Apr 17, 2006 at 6:59 PM Post #11 of 13
I like this site... and aphex is a cool guy for running it. He contacted me last summer for my (bad) picture of the SR40, I think. I'm pretty sure that's my lousy camera phone picture of the packaging...

And fewtch. Come on, seriously. The site would lose all credibility for you if someone threw in a disconcerting word about the DT880, wouldn't it? It's much better off without reviews. Just see what a joke headphonereviews.org has become.

Apr 17, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #12 of 13
Great site (I think), but I'm not seeing any pictures or headphone data. I just get the main screen and "loading..." appears in the main window forever. I get the list of individual headphone models when I click the manufacturer names, but nothing happens when I click on any of the model numbers. I also get a completely blank results page when using the seach function.
mad.gif

FWIW, I'm using Safari (v2.0.3) on a Mac (OSX 10.4.6).

Russell

Apr 17, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
MSRP for HF-1s: 200$. Street price: 200$
orphsmile.gif

LOL, yeah, that got me chuckling too
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back