Great Pic: The Zen of Headphone Shopping
Oct 12, 2002 at 5:38 AM Post #4 of 23
Oh, my new avatar !
tongue.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 6:23 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
Your wife took a good shot of you there Highway.
biggrin.gif

I was in a Porterhouse trance...

Dude, I ain't that gray and I don't own no Hush Puppies !
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 11:36 AM Post #7 of 23
Hey legoman !!!

Very nice pic, thanks for sharing !!

Liked the leica M6 too...

Fast story: I always worked for a newspaper in operations . And I have always used hearing protection. One day, my ex-wife was "talking too much" and, sure, I used a big and blue David Clark Protector at home. Man, it was funny !!! I can't forget her face to me... ( DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. IT CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURIES)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Best

Ari

biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 10:12 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Whoa Ari, you have a pair of big ones.
eek.gif

Hey andrzejpw !!

Big is my ex-wife...
frown.gif

Best

Ari

model27small.jpg

[size=small]WARNING: Use it with caution!!![/size]

Oct 13, 2002 at 1:42 AM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

WARMING: Use it with caution!!!

Warming? Why would you want to warm your headphones?

I can understand you would want to warm your headphones with caution.

Oct 13, 2002 at 3:12 AM Post #11 of 23
Prezado dohminator.

Espero que você agora possa entender o meu comentário. Mas se ainda precisa de ajuda, é só falar.

Um abraço do

Ari

Oct 13, 2002 at 3:47 AM Post #12 of 23
The muffs in the picture are E.A.R. shooting muffs. I can't remember for sure but I think they were 29 db isolation.

Not nearly as nice as the David Clark set.

Oct 13, 2002 at 4:42 AM Post #13 of 23
Hey Mr.PD !!

Yes, they are very safe. I use then (very same one) for about 15 years. They still the same. I use then for working, shooting and anti-ex-wife talking...

Best

Ari

biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2002 at 4:51 AM Post #14 of 23
could I have a translation of what you just said ari?

Oct 13, 2002 at 10:43 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by dohminator
could I have a translation of what you just said ari?

Dear Dohminator!!

The text translation (after I edited my misspell post) is this:

"I hope (after editing) you can understand now, what I was commenting. But, if you still need help, just "talk" to me.

Receive a hug (brazilian way of saying goodbye)

Ari"

But you should read or interpret like this:

Dear Dohminator !!

I'm sure you are a nice guy. After all, you leave in Kansas right? And Kansas is admired by it's people. It is the place I know in US where I found gentler and more educated people.

As you can see, I'm from Brasil. I do try to read all Head-fi stuff and I have always a difficult time to write. My English is very poor and I'm too old for it...

Head-fi has been for me a nice and big community. I love "this place". Here I found very nice and interesting people. I found tolerant people that helped and still help me to build my system, solve my questions but, mainly, here, I'm doing friends. And that's all that matters !! FRIENDS !!!

Head-fi IS an INTERNATIONAL community. It's bigger than we can think of. It does not have territorial limits or borders. It's INTERNATIONAL.

You find here people from every where. The language here is not English only, it is Love and Peace. Head-fi is a "common point" for every country in the world.

Guys like Jude think big and know that. And respect it.

But, nothing is perfect. You find some times dummy guys like me that misspell WARMING instead WARNING and that's bad. I'm very sorry and I apologize for that. That's really a limitation that I have...And I'm working on that and improvements will come. After all, in a international community like Head-fi, minimum requirement is know how to write English and, I agree with that. And that's why I apologize to you.

But, my dear Dohminator, use your computer keyboard to make friends, to help, to try to know new people. Use your monitor to have a bigger view of the world you leave. And try to be softer and kind with this community members. You will learn a lot here. Not only about headphones or amps, but about life. And do you know why? Because we are a community of www and www means

World Wide Web !!!

Sorry for my dummy writing and receive a hug (as we say here)

Best from

Ari

PS: legoman, sorry for "detour" your post !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back