Great Headphones For $100 Or Less?
Jun 4, 2011 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MatDak

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Right now I have Dr Dre Solo Beats but they broke in the headband. After doing some research I found that I can get better headphones for a lot less then what the Beats cost.

I've read that Sennheiser makes good headphones, but I have no idea if another brand I haven't heard about is better.

I'm looking for any style of headphones, but prefer the closed design.
I mainly listen to Dubstep (e.g. Skrillex, Feed Me etc.) and EDM (e.g. deadmau5, Daft Punk etc.).

Thanks in advance for any help!

[EDIT] Also, does Noise Cancelling make a great difference and is it worth it?

Jun 4, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 5
I suggest  the Sony MDR-v6, $69.00 on Amazon, I don't know of anything in your price range that's closed and comes close to the sound quality of the Sony's, they will beat the pants off the Dr. Dre. 

Jun 4, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 5
Pick up the Koss Pro DJ 100 for $80 at any Best Buy. They do need an amp, but even a $25 E5 will work. They're my favorite headphone that's closed under $200 that I've found. If you don't like them, you can easily return them if needed.

Hopefully someday I'll find a closed headphone under $200 I like more, but no such luck yet. The KRK KNS-8400 and 6400 have come close. Maybe I'll just need to get the Shure SRH-940?

BTW if the DJ100 breaks you ship them to Koss and get a new pair. They have a lifetime warranty and are built like a tank.

Jun 4, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 5
+1 for Mdr - V6

They eat up low quality audio but will give a lifetime of great audio. I just bought a pair and like them, not love them sadly but I do use them as my desktop set up. Also, any headphones in my Signature are under $100 and will give you all the value you need

Users who are viewing this thread

Back