Great headphone sound? It’s in the CAN! iFi audio ZEN CAN!
Jan 6, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #271 of 538
Niiice! mind to share the pict of the 4.4 Bal IC ? thanks

I'll take pics but in the meantime : https://ifi-audio.com/products/4-4mm-to-4-4mm-cable/

4.4mm to 4.4mm Cable by iFi audio | An audiophile grade interconnect for your balanced compone...png

They're not kidding about quality

4-4-cable-split.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #272 of 538
Just got my stack completed yesterday. Zen DAC going 4.4 in to Zen CAN for solid state and Zen DAC RCA out to Darkvoice tube and RCA back in to Zen CAN for Hybrid setup. Very satisfied with the power so far. I was a bit worried about my 600 ohm Beyers but it handles them just fine. Still a bit underpowered in terms of dynamics and brute force but I still keep my stereo amp around for those. The HD660s on the other hand never sounded better. Thank you iFi for the awesome affordable products. Can't wait to see what's next to release in 2021
PXL_20210107_041905943.NIGHT.jpg

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #273 of 538
Does it make a difference if I connect both the DAC and CAN via a 5v power brick, compared to just the CAN and leave the DAC on usb only? Since i don't use the DACs amp section, there is no need to have it connected to power or am I wrong?

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #274 of 538
I love my Ifi Zen Can Zen Dac Stack. its the best amp Dac combo i have ever owned.

Jan 8, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #276 of 538
Does it make a difference if I connect both the DAC and CAN via a 5v power brick, compared to just the CAN and leave the DAC on usb only? Since i don't use the DACs amp section, there is no need to have it connected to power or am I wrong?

You can absolutely leave the DAC on USB only, nothing you're doing wrong! Absolutely standard to have the DAC on USB only and the CAN to be powered by the 5v.

It's how I run my setup!

I love my Ifi Zen Can Zen Dac Stack. its the best amp Dac combo i have ever owned.

Couldn’t agree more

Thank you both for the kind words, glad you all are loving it!

Jan 10, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #278 of 538
Jan 12, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #279 of 538

The only reason to use external 5V on the DAC is to reduce power consumption from your source device. Like when you don't want to drain the battery of your phone or a DAP too much. If your source device is running off a wall outlet, you need not bother with external power for the DAC.

Jan 12, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #281 of 538
PC isn't the most clean power source out there.
As such a good external power supply is the best option.

A good rule of thumb to live by! We love providing the flexibility of USB power as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back