Great Earbuds under $100?
Apr 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jaykaying

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm fairly new to the world of headphones, IEM, and such. Anyways, I recently received a $100 Best Buy Gift Card which I decided to spend on some earbuds. My first thought was the UrBeats but after a bit of research plus my previous experience with my Solo HD's, I decided against it. Right now I'm thinking of the Klipsch Image S4 or the Bose IE2. I'm open to all earbuds available in the California region. Sound quality is what i care most about, I want something balanced as I love bass but am kind of an audiophile. Also the earbuds should be sort of portable and not fall off when I jog lightly. And of course the durability shouldn't be too shabby. Thanks in advance!

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hi,

I'm fairly new to the world of headphones, IEM, and such. Anyways, I recently received a $100 Best Buy Gift Card which I decided to spend on some earbuds. My first thought was the UrBeats but after a bit of research plus my previous experience with my Solo HD's, I decided against it. Right now I'm thinking of the Klipsch Image S4 or the Bose IE2. I'm open to all earbuds available in the California region. Sound quality is what i care most about, I want something balanced as I love bass but am kind of an audiophile. Also the earbuds should be sort of portable and not fall off when I jog lightly. And of course the durability shouldn't be too shabby. Thanks in advance!

First off - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-278-iems-compared-astrotec-am-800-dx-60-added-03-31-13-p-659

Balance, (going to assume IEMs even though you've said earbuds, as you did mention the IE2 and S4), $100 - Think they have the Turbines around that price at Best Buy, though not balanced, has a very nice punch factor. US or Canada or otherwise? As the offerings are different and I get them confused at times.

Apr 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #3 of 4
For jogging, the Bose IE2 would fit the bill as the Stay Hear tips will keep them in your ears comfortably and they do not isolate you from what is going on around you. There is a sport model for a slightly higher price that is supposed to be more water/sweat resistant. In Ear Monitors will give you the best sound and I agree with TwinQY that the Monster Turbine is a great choice. They will, however, block out almost all sound (think about the safety of this) and will transfer sound from your footsteps and the cable movement. This can be mitigated somewhat by wearing the IEM cable over your ear. Good luck!

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #4 of 4
I second the suggestion of the Bose IE2 for exercise.  Decent sound and the lack of total isolation is good for safety when running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back