Great bargains thread
Jul 11, 2008 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lewislink

Banned
This is a great deal from a reliable online retailer. They have Sennheiser CX300 earbuds for $30 w/ free shipping. These buds normally go for around $80 to $90 at brick & mortar retailers and nearly everywhere online you run the risk of receiving fakes. So this is definitely a good deal because, if these are fakes from Newegg, their CS is great and will resolve it.

Newegg.com - SENNHEISER CX300B 3.5mm Connector Canal Headphone

Jul 11, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyfiore75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's funny- on the Sennheiser site they say that the MSRP is $49.95. Not quite the amazing bargain that we are led to believe from New Egg.

Sennheiser USA - CX300 - Product Details

The MSRP on the CX500 is $79 as well but you can't find those lower than $120 at a reputable site. This is the same for the CX300's. Everywhere they are around $50 to $80 and are, in fact, $85 at Circuit City. Being $29.99 at Newegg, it is a great bargain considering.

Jul 11, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyfiore75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get what you're saying. I'm not bashing your thread. I'm just saying that Sennheiser says they should be about $50.00 and you can find them for that or less on a number of sites...

Sennheiser CX300 in-Ear Headphones - Net-Headset Store

Sennheiser CX-300 White Premium Headphones

sennheiser cx300, Consumer Electronics, Black items on eBay.com

Can you vouch for those sites you linked? If you can, I'm going to do some buying....
smily_headphones1.gif

I bought a set of CX300's some time back for around $30 and thought I was really get one heck of a deal. Unfortunately they turned out to be fakes. Since then I've been quite timid about buying Sennheiser earbuds online. It seems there are more fakes for sale than the genuine item.

Jul 11, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 13
Oh, man. My brother was about to get those, but I was afraid he was about to get a fake, so I told him to get a JBL Reference 220. He didn't want to pay that much for earphones.

Jul 12, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoloni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, man. My brother was about to get those, but I was afraid he was about to get a fake, so I told him to get a JBL Reference 220. He didn't want to pay that much for earphones.

I had a gander at those and they look almost identical to the Senns. They probably are rebranded Senns, which is what Creative labs uses and I'd imagine a number of other companies use them also.

Jul 12, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a gander at those and they look almost identical to the Senns. They probably are rebranded Senns, which is what Creative labs uses and I'd imagine a number of other companies use them also.

You'll be wrong to think Creative is rebranding Sennheiser. Both of them are rebranding Foster Japan, the company that originally designed the earphone and still manufactures products for both companies. In fact, Foster Japan is manufacturing for many companies, including Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, Apple, B&O, Audio-Technica, Creative, Sennheiser, Denon,... the list goes on.

Foster Japan is one of the largest OEM in the audio market (also under the the 'Fostex' brand)

Jul 12, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'll be wrong to think Creative is rebranding Sennheiser. Both of them are rebranding Foster Japan, the company that originally designed the earphone and still manufactures products for both companies. In fact, Foster Japan is manufacturing for many companies, including Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, Apple, B&O, Audio-Technica, Creative, Sennheiser, Denon,... the list goes on.

Foster Japan is one of the largest OEM in the audio market (also under the the 'Fostex' brand)

Hmmm...that's quite interesting. Senns are not made by Sennheiser. Surely they have to be highly designed by Sennheiser to make them such a favored earbud? I can understand a company having their product manufactured by another company, it happens all the time with nearly everything on the market. The iPhone and iPods aren't made by Apple, but they are precisely designed by them to their exacting details, which, to me, makes them exclusively an Apple product.

Thinking about how these earbuds are manufactured by a company other than the namesake really isn't a big deal and, to me, it doesn't take away from the quality of the product so long as the product is precisely designed to the namesake's details and specs. Creative doesn't make their own DAPs, Xfi cards or probably anything they sell. The Zune is made by Toshiba.

Really, what matters wouldn't be who makes and assembles the product, but who designs it and makes demands about its construction. In China, Meizu and Newsmy are about the only manufacturers of DAPs among all the many brands sold there. China is one of the world's largest producers of products throughout the world.

General Motors, Ford, Chrysler don't make all of the components that go into their vehicles. Most of those components are probably made in China..at least the electronics, anyway. But you can be assured those components are either designed to their specs or are approved for use having been designed by another company.
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, thanks for that delightful information.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #11 of 13
I won't say iPhone is 'precisely designed' by Apple. They did design the outer look and listed down the hardware requirement, but the actual R&D of the internal electronic was done by a Taiwanese company (Foxconn). Apple did develop the software though. As for Creative, they do manufacture a lot of their stuffs in house, at their manufacturing plant in Singapore. Oh, and the 2nd generation Zune is manufactured by Microsoft, as Bill likes it.

Jul 12, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't say iPhone is 'precisely designed' by Apple. They did design the outer look and listed down the hardware requirement, but the actual R&D of the internal electronic was done by a Taiwanese company (Foxconn). Apple did develop the software though. As for Creative, they do manufacture a lot of their stuffs in house, at their manufacturing plant in Singapore. Oh, and the 2nd generation Zune is manufactured by Microsoft, as Bill likes it.

Unless things have changed since, my tatooed red Zune 80 came from China. At least that was what the order stated, where it would be shipped from. Something like Zuan Zeun..or similar.

Jul 12, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoloni /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found some of these Reference JBL's at a local Target. They aren't broke-in yet but from early impressions, the fit is superb with the large seals and the sound quality is quite excellent. The bass, at this early point, is not as pronounced as the Bass Freqs but seems to be detailed for what there is.

More usage will determine the overall satisfaction level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back