Gravity Games
Dec 1, 2002 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4
When I was a kid, I used to race BMX, and do bike tricks, jumps, etc. Back then, my bike stunt idols were two cats named Mike Buff and R.L. Osborne -- anyone else remember this BMX Action stunt team?

Anyway, whenever I have an opportunity, I try to catch things like the X-Games and Gravity Games, and these bike stunt riders today never fail to amaze me. If you would have described to me, back many years ago when I was riding, the tricks these kids are doing today, I don't think I would have believed many of these tricks possible.

I'm watching the Gravity Games Bike Street Finals right now, and some kid named Chad Kagy just did a backflip-tailwhip and then did a double-backflip later -- I was amazed; looked like something only CGI could accomplish! I'm going to try to find some video online of these tricks, but I just can't believe the level of bike stunt riding done today. I thought I was cool jumping over other kids' bikes, and remember when higher-than-flat tabletop jumps represented one of the top tricks in bike stunt riding (a trick I wasn't able to do while I was riding). These riders today are doing some unbelievable (I mean unbelievable) tricks that were simply inconceivable back then.

Anyone else who used to ride or skateboard back in the early 80's who's also amazed by what these kids are doing today?

Dec 1, 2002 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 4
I never tried any tricks biking, but I happened to catch a few minutes of that today. Odd, because I usually don't watch Sunday tv programs except for the rare hockey or basketball game, or Iron Chef. But yeah, the one guy I did see was pulling off some crazy tricks, quite impressive. He got some excellent hang-time.

Dec 1, 2002 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 4
jude, aren't you forgetting someone???

how about "the duke of oakley" ???

I still have their autographs on a publicity photo that I got when they came to my hometown and did a riding demo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back