GRAS & Audio Precision: Free Headphone Testing Webinar (May 20, 2020)
May 15, 2020 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3
GRAS-AP-Headphone-Testing-Webinar-May-20.jpg

GRAS and Audio Precision are holding a free headphone testing webinar on May 20, 2020, at the following times:

• 09:00 CET (3:00 a.m. Eastern Time)

• 17:00 CET (11:00 a.m. Eastern Time)

While this webinar is geared toward electronic engineers and acoustical engineers working with headphone design and testing, I think the measurement enthusiasts in our community would also find it very compelling.

Make sure to CLICK HERE to register.

Who should participate?
Electronic engineers and acoustical engineers working with headphone design and headphone testing.​
Description of the Webinar
The purpose of this webinar is to enhance knowledge of today’s equipment for headphone testing, providing basic theory as well as the challenges in testing headphones.​
During the webinar, the participants will be introduced to GRAS’ Ear Simulators, both High Frequency as well as High Res. GRAS Head and Torso Simulator KEMAR and other GRAS test fixtures for this application will also be mentioned.​
Agenda
  • Introduction
    • Recommended standards

• Parameters to measure

• Recommended equipment
      • Microphones
      • Couplers
      • Fixtures
    • Challenges
Duration of the Webinar
60 minutes​
Chat: Following the webinar, questions can be asked in the chat.​

Again, make sure to CLICK HERE to register for the GRAS & AP Headphone Testing Seminar.

Attachments

• GRAS-AP-Headphone-Testing-Webinar.jpg
    GRAS-AP-Headphone-Testing-Webinar.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #2 of 3
Too bad I missed this. I really couldn't make it on the time proposed. Do they put out a recording of the seminar I can watch?

I want to get my hands on an accurate circumaural rig one day. The rigs they put out currently are out of reach within my budget. I hope this changes in the years to come so that many of us can obtain a more accurate measurement rig of our own.

Last edited:
May 27, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #3 of 3
Too bad I missed this. I really couldn't make it on the time proposed. Do they put out a recording of the seminar I can watch?

I want to get my hands on an accurate circumaural rig one day. The rigs they put out currently are out of reach within my budget. I hope this changes in the years to come so that many of us can obtain a more accurate measurement rig of our own.
Yeah, it'd be great if the pro-measurement industry created an alternative to the EARS system for normal people aka amateurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back