Graphical maps of when to view tonight's full lunar eclipse
Aug 28, 2007 at 10:09 AM Post #16 of 27
It's now 12:09 a.m. Tues Hawaiian Standard Time and the lunar eclipse is at it's peak over the Hawaiian islands. Just went outside my home a few seconds ago to view it, what an awesome sight.

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:13 AM Post #17 of 27
That was really cool. I had never seen a lunar eclipse in person before. Quite beautiful.

Thanks

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:13 AM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i didn't think you s. hemisphere folk could see it...

i'll probably stay up and watch...i love this kind of stuff...wanted to be an astronomer as a kid...gonna try and take some pix of this

I'm in the metropolitan area, with all the glorious city pollution, so view isn't that great (but it's better than nothing). It's just like any regular-sized moon to me, only reddish.

That said, any websites that have uploaded nice photos of the eclipse?
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #20 of 27
Lots of light pollution where I am, but I saw it. Then the clouds reclaimed it.

Very pretty, very red.

Now I want to see a blue moon!

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #22 of 27
it was quite beautiful.... its still going on here in the islands. what a wonder of nature... anyone know why it had a reddish hue to it?? it was certainly one of a kind.

on a side note, went to the liquor store and this crazy guy was talking up a storm to the clerk and myself that this means some crazy shiz is about to happen.. i got their just a bit late for the full conversation but i think he was talking about aliens and UFOs and invasions... you know i have heard crazy rumours about a full moon bring out all the crayzies but that was my first encounter with one. He was indeedly out-of-this-world.

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:38 AM Post #23 of 27
oh yeah got distracted for a bit but seeing it through a binoculars made it look almost surreal. i only wish i had a telescope!

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #26 of 27
Mostly cloudy from where I was at...but got a few brief glimpses of the red-moon.

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #27 of 27
I stepped out to see the eclipse at around 5:45 and, in a daze i guess, locked myself out of my apartment! My cellphone was inside. I walked over to my apartments' main office and learned they didn't open until 9, so, having 3 hours to kill, I decided to walk over to my brother's place (6 miles away) and borrowed his car. I got back in as soon as the office opened, a nice feeling I can tell you, and am just waking up for the day. At least i was fully clothed, but shoes would've been nice (I was wearing flipflops).

It was still pretty cool to see though, and luckily I was walking SW so it in my field of vision for awhile. I saw one other person checking it out in my travels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back