Graphic card advice needed
Aug 29, 2002 at 3:30 AM Post #17 of 20
i think he did it for Carmack
wink.gif

Aug 29, 2002 at 10:17 AM Post #18 of 20
The speakers came with it, if I drop it from the combo, I wouldn't have saved much. Anyway, I could always plug it into my X-CANv2 to Sennheiser HD600 or through my Marantz amp to my B&W speakers. Those are just make shift surrounds for University for films and games. Not for Music.

And as for games, Oh yes! Eye Candy!

Aug 29, 2002 at 9:31 PM Post #19 of 20
Hi Ray,
Great combo, enjoy it... I've seen from your profile that you are an architect/study architecture so I gather you're going to use the computer extensivelly for CAD. If so, I would say one of the major considerations in choosing the monitor would be the size-rezolution-refresh rate. From my experience, a 21"monitor capable of supporting 1280/1600 resolution with 85+... NI refresh rate is a HUGE production enhancement, much more pleasant to use and big time saver on zooms, not to say that the overall picture quality would probably be better than a similar priced LCD monitor. If the place on your table allows it and the "show-off" factor is not high with your priorities I would definitely go to 21" CRT PURE FLAT screens and not with LCD...you won't believe what huge difference it makes with CAD until you try it...as far as I know, today there are many good ones in the 700-900$ range...and half year from now it will only get better and better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back