Graham Bond Organisation on CD?
Oct 14, 2002 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kerelybonto

doo-di-doo-di-dum doo-di-dum doo-di-doo-di-dum
Were The Sound of '65 and There's a Bond Between Us the only studio albums Graham Bond Organisation put out? Did John McLaughlin play on these? -- he's not listed in the credits on Tower's site.

The above two albums are the only ones I can find on CD, but I thought there was more. Maybe I'm just thinking of live stuff -- any of that available? I hear they were supposed to be better live anyway.

If no more CD's are available, would anyone volunteer to make me a CD-R from vinyl?

Thanks.

kerely

Oct 14, 2002 at 3:11 AM Post #2 of 8
Okay, hold up. Can anyone differentiate what Graham Bond did "solo" and the Graham Bond Organisation's stuff? I just found mention of Solid Bond (vinyl, Warner Bros.) with a lineup of Graham Bond, Jack Bruce, John McLaughlin, Ginger Baker, Dick Heckstall-Smith (they had hyphenated names in the '60s?), and Jon Hiseman. That looks the Graham Bond Organization lineup plus Hiseman, but it doesn't appear in the group's discography anywhere.

Also found some references to Live at Klooks Kleek (Charly, 1993?), but I can't figure out if it's Bond or the group.

And is there a difference between "Graham Bond Organisation" and "Graham Organisation Bond?"

kerely

Oct 14, 2002 at 3:18 AM Post #3 of 8
Gah, okay, add Person To Person Blues as a title listed under "Graham Organization Bond" (note the 'Z' instead of the British 'S'). I think it has some of the same tracks as the two albums I already mentioned. I'm very confused, but at least this one's actually available at Tower -- it's listed as a special order import with a 2002 release date.

Can someone who was actually breathing during this era give me any clarification here?

kerely

[Edit: Okay, note says, "Live recording featuring Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker prior to their joining Cream." That clears things up a bit, but ...]

Oct 14, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #4 of 8
Ah, damn it! Now Tower has Live at Klook's Kleek Club, London 1964 listed as a 2002vinyl release.

Jesus, maybe I should just buy a turntable already.

kerely

Oct 15, 2002 at 2:35 AM Post #6 of 8
Okay, I don't love you any more. I'm going to go find a corner and cry now. No one likes me.

... C'mon, this isn't that obscure. Someone has the answer and they're just holding out to spite me, I know it.

kerely

Oct 17, 2002 at 6:15 AM Post #7 of 8
Wow, I used to listen to this stuff on FM radio when I was a kid! I'm afraid that does make it fairly obscure!

I came to it through Cream because the liner notes on "Fresh Cream" said that Bruce and Baker played for GBO. I'm afraid I can't remember enough to answer your questions, though.

If you give the stuff a listen, post your impressions!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 17, 2002 at 3:33 PM Post #8 of 8
Wow, someone replied! I feel loved again.

It's pretty good stuff all around -- you know, that British take on the blues, R&B, and other uniquely American music.

But I know there are GBO songs that almost everyone here would recognize -- say, "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" (Real Audio clip; go to Tower's site for a Windows Media clip).

I'll post some stuff if/when I pick up some discs.

kerely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back