Grados spotted on USA Network
Jul 21, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #16 of 34

Quote:
Seems a bit shameless, although it's hard to hate on the Grados when there are so many Beats plugs throughout the media these days.

If we can only convert a few people away from Skullcandy, it will be worth it.
wink_face.gif

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #18 of 34
hahaha, it warms up my heart when I see something that isn't beats, skullcandy, or bose, and is glorified because the headphones actually deserves it.

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #20 of 34
Hollywood is all about looks.  The $500 RS2s are the modest alternative to the $700 RS1.  And to people who live by style over substance, an RS2 probably sounds better than an RS1.  After all, it's a 2!!!  It must ben upgrade!!!

Jul 24, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #22 of 34
it was some good product placement i've been looking for some good cans for a while and this show got me to look in to the rs2i's now i'm saving up for some. 
also as far as it being like burn notice, the acting seems way better already.

i'm also looking for some headphones that aren't open so that i can wear them outside my house. could anyone suggest any?
(preferably under $500.) thanks.

Jul 24, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #23 of 34
Aug 3, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #25 of 34
But he pronounced the name Grado with a short a (Grahdoe), rather than the long a preferred by the family that owns the eponymous company (Gradeoe).  Lost credibility (as with much else in the show).

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #26 of 34
LOL, but I pronounce them as "Grahdoe" as well. It does not matter how he pronounces them IMO.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #28 of 34
i know this is a dead post but i had to say that i found this site after seeing the Grados on the show and ended up getting the HF-2s. i owe the director for taking me the next step toward becoming an audiophile.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #29 of 34

Quote:
I was watching the pilot of this new spy show Covert Affairs and then I spotted one of the CIA characters with a pair of Grados
cool.gif
I took the snapshot below and later on was surprised that he name-dropped the cans specifically in the dialogue:

(paraphrased)

Girl: I was going to ask what the headphones are for...
Guy: Grado RS-2's. Great for monitoring operations, real-time feedback when I'm typing and listening to Mingus.

gradors2.jpg

The show is promising by the way. It has an action/spy/comedy feel simliar to Burn Notice.

Just saw episode 2 of this show and it looks like the Grados are going to be a constant item in this series
cool.gif
This time, aside from being seen around the neck of the male character again, they're given as a gift at the end of the episode for a kid who helped the CIA solve a case.

rs%20grados.jpg

rs%20grados%202.jpg

Namedropped again in the dialogue: "Wow... reference-grade Grados!"

Jonh Grado must be handing out a substantial amount of money for the publicity. obviously.

Jan 19, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #30 of 34

Quote:
Jonh Grado must be handing out a substantial amount of money for the publicity. obviously.

I don't assume that.  Maybe the director/creator is just a fan of the brand and wants to spread the word.  Or maybe he's a friend of the family.  Who knows?

To be honest, I don't think Grado's business is any where near as large as say Coke, or Pepsi, or Apple, or Ford, or GM, to be able to afford typical product placement costs, or, to be able to afford it and get any kind of commensurate return on that investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back