grados in public
Aug 2, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
thanks everyone. and good to know theres some other teenage audiophiles on head fi (though i can;t really call myself an audiophile yet.)

thanks.

Quote:

Full-sized cans, even ones as diminutive as the SR80s, are not all that fashionable.  If I were a kid thinking of bringing mine to school, I'd want to give some thought to how I'd be scrutinized in that social pressure cooker we call high school.

this is true. the cans got a lot of attention, and it was hard convincing people that my sr80s were better than their dr dre monster beats or skullcandies, they also didn't believe that my grados worth $100 dollars. most of my classmates thought my headphones were strange. but it really didn't matter. i was too busy lost in my music to care what they think.
k701smile.gif

Aug 2, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #19 of 22

[size=medium]

Quote:

Full-sized cans, even ones as diminutive as the SR80s, are not all that fashionable.  If I were a kid thinking of bringing mine to school, I'd want to give some thought to how I'd be scrutinized in that social pressure cooker we call high school.

this is true. most of my classmates thought my headphones were strange. it was hard convincing them that my sr80s cost $100 and that they were better than the dr dre moster beats and any full-size skullcandy headphone. the cans got a lot of attention and were a great conversation starter with new people... like girls.
wink_face.gif
 but for the most part, they are by no means fashionable or portable.
[/size]

Aug 2, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #22 of 22
I used to wear Grados on bike rides, so I could hear cars and avoid them (drivers are crazy in Montreal).  But on foot and indoors I love my SE530 iems.  They block sound almost completely, which allow me to really hear and enjoy the music.   And nobody can hear the lush and perfectly rendered soundtrack in me head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back