Grado Streetstyles - what can we expect?
Mar 18, 2006 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

_gl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, new here. Didn't really use headphones at all until recently, but now that my CD collection is all lossless on my new iRiver H140 (long time dream come true), I really need something better and more reliable than the buds.

My preference is audiophile detail but musical, with present bass (prefer accurate to artifically overblown). I'm waiting on a cheap KSC-75 set I've just bought after all the praise it's getting here, but the Grado 60s/80s also sound interesting from what I've read, and are more refined right?

I know the Grado Streetstyles are imminent, but I haven't found any info on what quality level they're aiming for - are these going to be portable SR60s, or are we talking reduced quality at a cheaper price point? Does anyone know yet?

In the meantime, I'm after a SR60/80 to mod into streetstyle myself, so if anybody has a cheap set (cosmetic damage no problem, I'll sand them), or even just the earpieces with fully working and good sounding drivers, PM me.

Mar 18, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 12
Their site says "Early 2006". Honestly when we get into April (13 days away), we are already past the first 1/3 of the year...I really don't think anything released after this point is "early 2006". More like 'Mid 2006' or just 'coming in 2006'. I bet they won't even be released by Christmas 2006 at this rate.

Mar 18, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Their site says "Early 2006". Honestly when we get into April (13 days away), we are already past the first 1/3 of the year...I really don't think anything released after this point is "early 2006". More like 'Mid 2006' or just 'coming in 2006'. I bet they won't even be released by Christmas 2006 at this rate.

Actually the first 1/4. By the end of April it will be 1/3.

Mar 18, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 12
I think they are sr60s with a different headband and model number.

Mar 19, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #5 of 12
I sent Grado Labs an e-mail through their website two days ago and asked if they knew when the new street style phones would be available. Surprised that I haven't heard anything (even a "we don't know" would have been something).

Mar 19, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #6 of 12
Aren't they being introduced/released on the day of the Head-fi national meet? Where a few people will take them home as door prizes.

Mar 20, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaughtfried
I really hope Grado doesn't do that and that they make a totally new driver instead. Perhaps one that'll leak less sound?

I would imagine they would make a driver that'll sound good in a closed housing. I hope it's closed since it is going to be portable.

P.S. Hope it's not another SR-40

Mar 20, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kschles
Grado did get back to me about when their new streetstyle headphones will be available. They said they should be shipping in April or May.

So May...or June!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam
Actually the first 1/4. By the end of April it will be 1/3.

You're right. Damn 3's, 4's, and 12!
tongue.gif

Somebody better post comments and pictures when the get their door prize.

Mar 20, 2006 at 9:38 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kschles
Grado did get back to me about when their new streetstyle headphones will be available. They said they should be shipping in April or May.

Good news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back