Grado SR80i vs Soul SL150CB
Nov 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cpierc20

New Head-Fier
Looking for a solid pair of headphones for around $100. I had pretty much settled on the Grado SR80i until I saw amazon had the Soul SL 150CB for $65. I would never pay $200 for the Soul as I realize they are primarily designed to cash in on the mass marketed Beats style headphones, but 65$ is a pretty sweet deal. I would primarily be using these headphones for general listening through a source with no amp (laptop, ipod, iphone, etc.). Any input would greatly appreciated. 

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 3
The grado's are solid. I never particularly cared for the grado sound signature. But I have been told its an acquired taste and I chose not to stick with it. I have no experience with the souls - however they look like cheapys. 

I would say go with the grado as long as you are ok with an open design. 

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #3 of 3
  Looking for a solid pair of headphones for around $100. I had pretty much settled on the Grado SR80i until I saw amazon had the Soul SL 150CB for $65. I would never pay $200 for the Soul as I realize they are primarily designed to cash in on the mass marketed Beats style headphones, but 65$ is a pretty sweet deal. I would primarily be using these headphones for general listening through a source with no amp (laptop, ipod, iphone, etc.). Any input would greatly appreciated. 

Hello,

The Grado leaks sound and does not isolate at all! It is best to stay away from the Soul headphones if SQ if your top propriety! If you are looking for something that you can use while on the go, you should instead look into UltimateEars UE4000, Sony MDR-7506 and Sennheiser HD439 depending on what genre of music you listen to 

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back