1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Grado sr60i and loving it.

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ethan3686, Jul 4, 2014.
  1. ethan3686
    IMG_20140704_114622552.jpg

I had a pair of Sony XB700 and i wanted a an open ear headphone. After a lot of research it came down to 3 choices -

Grado Sr60i
    AD700
    Senn HD239

I had had a lot of bass thanks to XB700 (and they are great btw) and it wasnt a priority. So i thought over and i wanted a clean output with a good soundstage and airy feeling. No sweat or the feeling warmth in my ears. So i looked at the designs and found that AD are too big. So it came down to 2 others. and then i just went for the grados purely bcoz of the name and appreciation it gets :p . At first i thought they looked ancient but now that i have th IMG_20140704_114636896.jpg

em it feels some antiquie piece. Which i really like now! Its not like other cans. Also its so comfortable and many people say there is a clamping force on the head due to on ear design but i feel they are not clamping hard. In fact they are just placed on it. Well it might differ for head sizes i guess.

So i put them on and played music. The first thing i realized was exactly what i wanted. That airy and open vibe. Wow just felt like air passing through with music playing. Next was the instrument a seperation. The soundstage was good not huge but amazing for the clarity these cans churn out. Also these cans don't go very loud. But it's enough for me. I am yet to burn in much with my phone HTC ONE M8 but i already know what to expect. Many suggestions were from here so thank you guys too and i will be very thankfull if you can suggest some of your favorite songs for the Grados.

IMG_20140704_114550679.jpg

2. whirlwind
    I just came back from vacation.

I took my SR60i as my headphone.....it really is a great can and especially when it cost only $79 ....what a great bang for the buck.

3. ethan3686
    I am lookin forward to buy the L cushions too. Makes them a lil comfortable.

4. BatToys
    if you have 2 big ears, L-cush will not comfortable at all, but it will made sr60's sound much better