Grado SR60 Repair!
May 27, 2011 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Riverman

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have a set of Grado SR60´s and the metal headband has come away from the headphone earpiece on one side (left), I tried using superglue to glue it back in place but it still comes out. 

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks 

May 28, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 10
The metal/plastic junction at the rod holder is purely adhesive.  There's a tight fit so maybe friction deserves some credit but without an adhesive "down in the hole," you won't have metal there for very long.  The JB Weld was a good call.

Jun 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
Try using JB Weld

http://jbweld.net/products/jbweld.php

Did the job nicely, Thanks 
smile_phones.gif

Jun 18, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #6 of 10
Try an Epoxy resin based glue like Araldite, I think that's what it's called.

Jun 18, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #7 of 10
Yeah I understood that, but I was asking about application. Should I put it on the metal band or inside the little slit? In any case, I emailed Grado to see about getting a replacement out of 'em. I'm from Brooklyn so it might be a good excuse to get to the peek around the place, too.

Jun 18, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #8 of 10
Yes, i can tell you exactly how I did it....

First mix an equal amount of the two compounds together using a small plastic spatula, then use the spatula to carefully fill in the small slit, try to get as much of the mixture in as possible to ensure it will be a tight fit when it dries. When you cant get any more in the slit, force the metal headband rod into the slit and push down firmly as far as it will go, then clean any excess that has come out with a cloth, let it dry for 24 hours and job done.

Hope this helps
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back