Grado SR325i 245.00
Apr 4, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #16 of 32
I believe they are authorized dealers. I called Grado thinking I could buy directly from them because they are in Brooklyn but was told they only sold through dealers. I asked for their brooklyn dealer and was told Turntable Labs. I got my email confirmation already from them, I ordered yesterday.

Apr 4, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #17 of 32
Hey, if your already in Brooklyn, why didn't you just go pick one up in their store? Would have saved you shipping + handling and wait time.

Apr 4, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #18 of 32
I work in white plains, by the time i get back, it would be real late.

Apr 4, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #19 of 32
Man, just this morning I was thinking, "I should simplify... liquidate all the phones I don't really listen to. Just one home rig and the portable rig..."

And now because of this thread I've got my first Grado on the way.

Best,

-Jason

Apr 4, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by taymat
Minimum advertised price what a load of rubbish, it's just a way for companies to get around the law. I mean how can a company sell you something, if it can't tell you how much you're going to pay for it? Also if a company puts a price on it's website for a product, how can that be defined as advertising?

In what universe do you live? A business web page is nothing but advertising.

Advertising: to make publicly and generally known and or to call public attention to especially by emphasizing desirable qualities so as to arouse a desire to buy or patronize.

As to how a company can sell you something without telling you how much it is going to cost, ask Todd. Like many retailers that actually honor the dealer agreements that they sign he lists on his website a price that meets the MAP requirements, then he emails the selling price to the customer. Email going to one individual is not advertising it’s personal communications (Spam going to thousands of recipients is advertising).

Apr 4, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes
In what universe do you live? A business web page is nothing but advertising.

Advertising: to make publicly and generally known and or to call public attention to especially by emphasizing desirable qualities so as to arouse a desire to buy or patronize.

As to how a company can sell you something without telling you how much it is going to cost, ask Todd. Like many retailers that actually honor the dealer agreements that they sign he lists on his website a price that meets the MAP requirements, then he emails the selling price to the customer. Email going to one individual is not advertising it’s personal communications (Spam going to thousands of recipients is advertising).

This one mate. Bottom left corner in the milky way, little place called the real world. When you go into a store products are displayed along with prices and online stores should be allowed to do this as well with no restrictions. It's not advertising it's consumer information. Defining it like that just gives greedy companies another loophole to exploit, with these dealer-distributor contracts, etc. IMO

Apr 4, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #23 of 32
Advertising is "Consumer information"

I don’t know if Grado has a MAP policy. I do know that many audio companies do have a MAP policy, and it isn’t necessarily a good or a bad thing. It’s just a marketing thing.

Dealers have the option of carrying lines that don't have a MAP policy. The problem is that if the manufacturer does not have a MAP policy it is nearly impossible to make a profit selling their products. No matter what you think dealers actually need to make a profit otherwise they'll go out of business, and then there won't be any dealers.

Manufacturers that have a MAP policy have the MAP policy in their Dealer agreement. Dealers sign this agreement, so when they sell beneath MAP they are breaking a legal contract. I for one don’t like doing business with someone who makes a habit out of breaking his or her legal agreements.

Certain companies have priced their products so that dealers need to sell them at or near retail in order to make a reasonable profit. Other companies have exaggerated retail prices. This allows dealers to give a big discount, so the customer thinks they are getting a better deal. The better deal is an illusion.

FYI The Company that I work for does not have a MAP policy, although we have been considering it.

Apr 4, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #24 of 32
folks, Grado reads this forum. if they read this thread, we can just sit back and watch the website to see if the prices change or if the Grados poof...case closed.

Apr 5, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #26 of 32
"Hi

We sincerely apologize, but we are sold out of the Grado SR325-i headphones and will not be getting any more any time soon. We have been trying to locate them for you but we've had no luck. We have cancelled your order and refunded your card. We're sorry for the inconvenience."

Apr 5, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #27 of 32
Sounds like they made a mistake with their pricing and they are covering it up. Oh well, you know what they say, if it looks to good to be true... Too bad for you Grado lovers out there!

Apr 5, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugano-san
"Hi

We sincerely apologize, but we are sold out of the Grado SR325-i headphones and will not be getting any more any time soon. We have been trying to locate them for you but we've had no luck. We have cancelled your order and refunded your card. We're sorry for the inconvenience."

I got this message as well...

Oh well, I was really looking forward to this too. Guess this wasn't the time to pop my Grado cherry...

Best,

-Jason

Apr 5, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #29 of 32
Someone had asked earlier if turntablelab.com was a legit site:

Just an opinion from someone (me) who shops (online) at turntablelab.com all the time -- these guys are really fantastic and their web site, everything, is totally legit. I don't know about the issue with the Grado cans and pricing, but I've been buying records and DJ gear from them for 2 years and they are really fantastic.

A quick data point if anyone wanted to know. If they have anything that you would want to buy, feel comfortable sending them your money. I do about every other week.

Apr 6, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #30 of 32
Since they're a few blocks away from my apartment, I've bought from this store many times. I've never had a problem: returns are easy, all is as advertised and some of the salespeople are slightly versed in pro gear. Fans of the Ninja label will find the occasional breaking turntablist working sales between support tours. The walk-in clientele seems obsessed with the MDR-V700 and other questionable Sony headphones in silver.

One problem: because they're small and are located in NYC and Brooklyn, turntablelabs are frequently sold out of whatever's popular. If they ever had a Grados sale on line, the stock could run out in less than a single day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back