Grado SR325i 245.00
Apr 3, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #2 of 32
Is this for real? How reliable is this site?
eek.gif

Apr 3, 2005 at 5:16 AM Post #4 of 32
This has given a HUGE kick to my motivation to buy these headphones. (upgrading from SR-80)

I was considering it before but the price is very steep for me, but that price tag there just screams "steal"
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmmcheese
I have no idea and i was thinking the excat thing as you. They are not on resellerratings.com but they are an acctual store in brooklyn. soo...

Jump on the deal.
It's obviously a typo.
The price should be $100 more at least.

Apr 3, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #6 of 32
Wow, their HQ is only a few blocks from where I work! Maybe I should go check them out during my lunch break.

Apr 3, 2005 at 5:27 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by grasshpr
Wow, their HQ is only a few blocks from where I work! Maybe I should go check them out during my lunch break.

That's great! Head-fi undercover spies hot on the trail...
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2005 at 5:30 AM Post #8 of 32
Give me a few days, I'll try to go to both locations next week. I doubt their HQ will have anything for sale (mostlikely they will have only sales people there). I'll also check out their Manhattan storefront. I'll check in with you guys later.

Apr 3, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
grado prolly won't be too fond of them undercutting his prices....he isn't fond of anyone doing it and will come down hard on them if it's true

Edit: so get them while you can

Isn't artificial price fixing illegal in the US? It is in the UK. UK law says you can't impose minimum prices on product distributors such as shops. I remember vaugely that Volvo got nicked because it basically told all it's dealers not to discount vehicles by a certain amount.

Apr 4, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

If he's not an authorized dealer then the cans are without warranty. I'd check before purchasing them.

How would Grado's HQ be able to determine whether or not a certain pair of cans are still under warranty? Do they need the receipt upon being sent for repairs? I can't figure that part out.

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlue
How would Grado's HQ be able to determine whether or not a certain pair of cans are still under warranty? Do they need the receipt upon being sent for repairs? I can't figure that part out.

Hmmm ...thats a good question. You send in the registration card or register online after you buy them, but I never had to include the serial number on the box. I did have to state where I purchased them, however.

But how would they know if somebody lied about the source of the purchase when registering? I think it would be unethical to do so, but is there a way Grado can actually tell?

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #14 of 32
They require receipts. The warranty is for the original purchaser only.

It is against the law for Grado to try to tell a dealer what they can sell a product for. It is not illegal for them to have a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policy. Their MAP policy is probably specified in the dealer agreement. A manufacturer can disenfranchise a dealer for breaking the dealer agreement.

Judging by the on-line pricing of Grado products they definitely have a strict MAP policy.

If they are a dealer, they won’t be for long.

Apr 4, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes
They require receipts. The warranty is for the original purchaser only.

It is against the law for Grado to try to tell a dealer what they can sell a product for. It is not illegal for them to have a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policy. Their MAP policy is probably specified in the dealer agreement. A manufacturer can disenfranchise a dealer for breaking the dealer agreement.

Judging by the on-line pricing of Grado products they definitely have a strict MAP policy.

If they are a dealer, they won’t be for long.

Minimum advertised price what a load of rubbish, it's just a way for companies to get around the law. I mean how can a company sell you something, if it can't tell you how much you're going to pay for it? Also if a company puts a price on it's website for a product, how can that be defined as advertising?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back