1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Grado SR-60i earpads ~ITCHY~

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by starbux48, Dec 11, 2011.
  1. starbux48
    I owned a pair of these a few months and loved the sound running them mostly off my MacBook Pro laptop, but after an hour or so they got really itchy. Other than that I thought they were very comfortable.  I know there are a thousand and one posts here about these and other Grados, but I admit my searching skills could use some help.

I think I've heard something about washing them in soapy water or something like that?  Or using some yellow Sennheiser pads, or even other Grado pads like the L-Cush or G-cush.

Have to admit the SR60i's are the best Grados I can yet afford but am reluctant to dive in again without a solution at least to know of it.

2. sidel
    Wash them in fabric softener and let them air dry.

3. Kerry56
    I liked the Sennheiser 414 pads with the reverse quarter mod a bit better than the stock S-Cush Comfies.  Couldn't take the stock pads long at all.  But even the Senn pads needed to be washed to make them bearable.  I used mild shampoo.  My home made pads with the sock mod are more comfortable than anything else, but have to be adjusted carefully to keep pressure off the top edge of my ears (I wear glasses).

Lots of disagreement on the comfort level of pads on Grado's.  Some people really like the L Cush pads, both for comfort and the effect they have on the sound.  Most say the G Cush pads are very comfortable, but ruin the sound of the less expensive Grado's, making a bright headphone into something really shrill.