Grado SR-60 recable - Any recommendations?
Nov 23, 2010 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

_nomad

Head-Fier
So, my SR-60's have developed a nasty tear in the outer layer of the cable near the Y, and the jack connector has been getting kinda sketchy lately.  I've already sent them in for repair once, when the jack connector broke last time (I have a bad habit of falling asleep with them on). I also like to use them on the move, and I find the cable is a bit too long for that.

I don't really want to start messing about with the wiring myself, as I have no experience with stuff like that whatsoever..

What I'm wondering is if anyone on here could recommend me someone, either here on the forum or possibly a shop, that would be able to recable my SR60's at a reasonable price? Sending them away is not a problem, although somewhere in EUR/Scandinavia would be awesome.
What I'd like is a shorter, less stiff/a bit more sturdy and detachable(like senns) cable. Any suggestions?
Mabe it would be cheaper just to buy a new pair? But then again I'll probably just run into the same problems down the line..
Any info is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #3 of 3
I got one quote for a recable of some AKGs: $70 US.  I think you'd be better off getting new heaphones.  The SR125i and up have a beefier cable than the SR60i and SR80i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back