Grado SR-225 | Pads - Flat, vwap, bowl, comfy | A mini comparison
Feb 6, 2005 at 1:38 PM Post #91 of 103
I beleive i prefer vwaps for MS-2. I admit that I have not given everything a fair comparison though. I used bowls for most of the time and then switched for vwaps. I initially liked the sound so i kept them on. Maybe i'll do a proper comparison some time. I've only very briefly tried flats and i found them to be a bit uncomfy compared to the VWAPS, and ridiculously priced, so I wont bother with them i dont think

Feb 6, 2005 at 3:38 PM Post #93 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet
I don't know has this been mentioned before, but where can I buy some Vwaps? If yes, do they ship to Europe?

They are the replacement pads for the Sennheiser HD414 cut to have a hole the same size as the regular flat pads. Head-Fi member Vwap used to make them (and that's how they got their name), but he no longer does so you'll have to make your own. You should be able to get HD414 replacement pads from any Sennheiser distributor.

Oct 1, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #94 of 103
I love my reverse HD414 pads on both my SR-80's and my portaPros...yes portaPros.

People have gone on about dying them black...but I'm not so sure I want to do that. Has anyone ever tried bleaching them? I figure white is a more neutral color than yellow, so it might not look so ridiculous. I'm worried that the bleach might break down the foam though.

Anyone tried this?

Oct 23, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #95 of 103
Well the $30 invested was well worth it. The Todd flats own all the Grado pads. I really like the HD414 pads, and for the money they are an excellent value...but the flats are better.

HF-1 + Todd Flats + good music = tears...of joy

Feb 7, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #96 of 103
Seriously, what's the difference between Todd Flats and cutting a hole in the HD414's or Comfies? :\

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
I love my reverse HD414 pads

Reverse?
blink.gif

Please explain for a newbie who recently got his SR60's.

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #97 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by syndrome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, what's the difference between Todd Flats and cutting a hole in the HD414's or Comfies? :\
Reverse?
blink.gif

Please explain for a newbie who recently got his SR60's.

yea explain!
rs1smile.gif

for other newbie who recently got his RS1/RA1 and SR60`s.

Feb 8, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #98 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccontreras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea explain!
rs1smile.gif

for other newbie who recently got his RS1/RA1 and SR60`s.

Oh my, oh my, oh my. It would be easier to explain the entire zoo of subatomic particles than to try and post a definitive summary of the entire range of Grado pads to everybodys' satisfaction!!

Nobody agrees!

On Anything!!

I'd hate to suggest spending a good solid two weeks with the search function, but that just about sums it up!! To be honest though; it's a fun read! There's lots of good Grado history there in those dozens of threads and thousands of posts!

.....for me; I really like the reversed and quarter modded 414s on my MS-1s and the stock bowls on my MS2i, but darned if I could really tell you why! Other than comfort and performance. One nice thing about Grados' is the ability to do lots of research and come up with a good idea of what may sound best to you and give it a try. Other than the Todds Flats, the remainder of the pads are rather inexpensive and if it doesn't work out, another pad may work better. All kinds of choices!
smily_headphones1.gif

No easy answers; though.
frown.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #99 of 103
I'm just curious because the flats looks like a pair of quartermodded comfies :p
But the flats costs $30!

Also, how can there be a difference between the normal HD414 pads and the reversed? :O

Head-Fi messing up my head.

Feb 8, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #101 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered some flats last night to find out for myself on my HF-1s. I also have the yellow Senn pads so I'll have to compare.

Sounds great! Please take some time to post your experience here or PM them to me when you've compared them
rs1smile.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #102 of 103
Bumpaloo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back