Grado SR 125 vs. Grado 325i's
Nov 5, 2007 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ZepFloyd

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to get some Grados, initially while looking around on the grado site, I thought i'd go with the SR 125's. Someone posted a link to this forum for me to check out. Saw the 325i's owners club thread and am now thinking of getting those. My question is, are they worth the extra $?

Comfort wise are they good?
Is the bass overpowering?

I listen to a lot of different stuff, mainly rock/alternative.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking to get some Grados, initially while looking around on the grado site, I thought i'd go with the SR 125's. Someone posted a link to this forum for me to check out. Saw the 325i's owners club thread and am now thinking of getting those. My question is, are they worth the extra $?

I listen to a lot of different stuff, mainly rock/alternative.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Go for the 325i they will sound better but the main issue is build quality, the 125 is all plastic and the headband is vinyl, the 325i has aluminum air chambers and a leather headband you will definately feel your money was better spent. I personally will never buy anything less than that from Grado with exception to the iGrados. The 225 and down feel cheap the 325 and up feel as if you could beat someone to death and not worry about damaging them
580smile.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #3 of 8
i whole heartedly agree with Gritzcolin, though most people around here would say the 225 would be the best bang for your buck. i love my 325s, went from SR-60s to SR-325s and every time i grab my 60s they feel really cheap, very light, all plastic, and the vinyl headband is kinda meh, and the ^#$% damn rods wont stay in position like my 325s

for both comfort and bass, i like to use Flat pads from TTVJ, or if the bowls dont bother you, you could do the tape mod

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 8
If you're looking at the 325i's, you might as well check out the Alessandro MS2i's. They both cost the same and are both built by Grado. Do a search and you'll find tons of threads comparing the two.

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My question is, are they worth the extra $?

1) Absolutely, yes. I found the jump from the 225 to the 325i well worth the money, so I imagine the 125 to 325i would be equally significant.

2) They are an acquired taste. Some people don't have a problem, some do. If there is any way you can try out some Grados before you buy, you should.

3) No, the bass is just right. Deep, clean, punchy...I love it.

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 8
I didnt like the 125's at all in the brief listening session I had.

I loved the 225's, havent heard the 325.

But really, if you were just comparing the 125 and 325, then its the 325.

Nov 9, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 8
Need to agree with everyone on this one: go with the 325i if you can afford it.

I had the SR-125's for awhile, and they are a great headphone. But the 325i's are just better all around. It does everything the 125's do, but better. The detail is amazing. The 125's just can't resolve on the level of the 325i's.

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #8 of 8
325i's broh. Judging from your name you like rock zeppelin and floyd, these are great for that genre. 325i's have a tun of easy cheap mods to make them really good. Base impact is awsome and detail is awsome.

I'd spend the extra bucks, 125 is nothing special really.

Just to warn you though, comfort wise grado's are not top of the list by any means, I find them very liveable with flat pads though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back