Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Dec 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #256 of 2,110
just a tad more deep bass..

wider soundstage.. and breathing space on each instrument though the RS1i already has a good instrument separation for me but being exposed to flagship cans hehe sometimes left me desiring these on the RS1i but nevertheless, the RS1is are already very very good at their price range for me on presentation and everything.. very transparent. the PS1000 just gave me more listening bliss and is exactly the answer to some of my gripes then ...

No you still can't have my RS1i.

PS1000 still burning in :)

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #257 of 2,110
Quote:
No you still can't have my RS1i.
PS1000 still burning in
smily_headphones1.gif

my RS1i now is fully burned in hehehe
biggrin.gif

Go PS1000!!!

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #261 of 2,110
Can these also be used with pop/dance/electronic music?

Of course. Although we might have different definitions of "pop" here (I'm thinking Michael Jackson and Cher - you might be thinking something else), they do very well with that genre. With electronic music they will hold their own, but depending on what your taste is like wrt bass, they may or may not satisfy (they aren't designed to rattle your eyes out).

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #262 of 2,110
Quote:
Of course. Although we might have different definitions of "pop" here (I'm thinking Michael Jackson and Cher - you might be thinking something else), they do very well with that genre. With electronic music they will hold their own, but depending on what your taste is like wrt bass, they may or may not satisfy (they aren't designed to rattle your eyes out).

Actually, It is Ok with Pop, however, due to the flash bass, the rs1is are not the best idea for pop. IMO

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #263 of 2,110
Quote:
thanks for the post, i too am a long time grado fan, used to have the rs2, and wondered what if? i knew in order to get my sound right i need to wait until i had the proper amp and can all at once. one day i just went and bought everything i needed to make my musical dream come true. so, today after maybe 200 hours of burn in i sit every day and am taken aback with every new song i put through my new system. i say new song merely because every song has so much more music, detail, character, speed, accuracy....... i could go on and on, since i bought my cans, and a b'ed others, i have retired everything i have owned, i have had senns, sonys, beyers, many thousands of dollars later i have gotten where i want to be, some say they are colored? and maybe so? but i do know that i have not found any music they simply dont do better than any other can i have had in house. if they are colored than great, they are colored beautiful, rich and creamy. i have since began listening to music i did not like before, why? because my rs1i's make everything sound soooooooooo good. try them, you'll never go back.

I just bought 225i and am looking for amp ideas....what did you end up getting to amp your RS1?

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #264 of 2,110
i think the rs1i's do ok with pop, especially with flats.

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #266 of 2,110
Quote:
MarkM1, I understand the Schiit Asgard works very well with Grado's. I'm thinking about getting one myself.

I've been comparing the Asgard w/  Little Dot 1+ and even the Fiio 17-just going to start w/ one and take it one step at a time.

I'm leangin toward Asgard/ w maybe the Fiio as second purchase which would give me a DAC and portability.

This will be my first Head fi HP and first amp....Thoughts???

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #267 of 2,110
I've owned my RS1i's for the past year and they have been listening pleasure. I did replace the stock ear cup for the larger ear cup found on the GS-1000 model, as I thought it was more comfortable. This did not negatively effect the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back