Grado RS-2 review @ Positive Feedback website
Nov 12, 2002 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kronsteen

New Head-Fier
I just came across a review of the Grado RS-2 at Positive Feedback which I thought might be of interest. There is even a brief mention of Head-Fi and Headwize! The review wasn't that great - but I don't find that many reviewers of the High-End Audio Magazine trade take headphones very seriously (a few do, but not most).

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2002 at 6:32 AM Post #5 of 6
but are they really saying anything that hasn't already been expounded upon here? i think not.

good thing he mentioned M.S.R.P... although in all fairness senn 600's and the cable upgrade brings it close (in price).

grado won't tank in stock value. not so long as they are made by hand. and he did say he preferred the sr225 sound to the rs2's. that also has been expounded upon here.

Nov 14, 2002 at 4:25 AM Post #6 of 6
lol!

I ordered the RS-2s, listened for 2 weeks, wanted to return them, unsucessfully, swore at the shrill highs, then changed sources. voila!

I think these headphones were made for LP, SACD, or some other source that does not accentuate the highs and kills musical mids and lows.

Fine review and all, but the fact of the matter is after having them for over 10 months, I keep using them 50-50 together with my RS-1s powered off of an RA-1.

I think these headphones are gorgeous and many CDs I have sound better with these than they do with the RS-1s.

Of course, they cost an outrageous $500, which suckers like myself pay, and smart ones don't (they search the internet for better deals) and that is a lot of money

BUT

if someone took them away and I had to buy them once over, I MOST DEFINITELY would.

I love these cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back