Grado RS-1 owner as of Friday,pad question
Feb 27, 2006 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

robster

500+ Head-Fier
Hello-I just got my Grado RS-1's Friday. I love the sound. I'm using the TTVJ flat pads,but I'm still getting a slight ear burn on my right ear. Geeze all the posts on pads and all he mods.I could spend days reading all of them. Will the flats just get softer with wear and age and become more comfy? or should I just rub some K Y on my ear. I don't have the money to try out other headphones for a while.

many thanks,
Robert

Feb 27, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 7
You can wash them in warm water and liquid soap. Then rinse and air dry. They will be much more confortable
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 7
Since this is your first Grado, it will take a little time for your ear lobes to become acclimated to the headphones. You’ll read many debates on which pad is more comfortable, but in the end, for the most part, they all are uncomfortable at first. Just keep wearing them and you will either adapt or die trying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi
Anyhow I guess I'll just incorporate wearing the bowl pads into my martial arts training. My Master says, "You must conduct the final test grasshopper". Usagi says, "I am ready Master". My fellow students commence the attack by swinging boards like bats, breaking them on my shins, forearms, and back. At this point, I am too strong, in body and mind, for the attack to sway me. I remain unchanged, steadfast. Then a student approaches from behind and gently place the SR60s, with bowl pads, on my head!............My eyes shoot wide open from the shock. All the color from my eyes disappears, turning atramentously dark. All the pain and suffering of the world now rests on my ear lobes. It is too much to bear. My last words of this world before I pass unto the next are, "So..beautiful...yet....so....deadly". A slow exhale, then my body buckles under its own weight and collapses. Master shakes his head in disappointment...............THE END

Feb 27, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by robster
Will the flats just get softer with wear and age and become more comfy? or should I just rub some K Y on my ear. I don't have the money to try out other headphones for a while.

KY...*snicker*
biggrin.gif

You do know what KY is right? Though I personally prefer Astroglide...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back