GRADO PS2000e MINI REVIEW........
Jun 3, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #16 of 339
This a new arena for Grado and as far as sonic performance goes it is well worth it when cosidered in context to the other players in and above this price range. Sticker shock aside do try to get an opportunity to hear them. They start to show their real selves as you go past 100 hours. I had the opportunity to compare them to a well regarded known phone that is over $1000 more than the PS2000e and preferred the Grado. BTW, I also consider it to be an all around better phone than any in my profile.

Did you have an opportunity to compare it to the GS2000e?

Jun 3, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #17 of 339
I will be getting to compare the GS2000e and also with the PS1000e, both of which I have. After finding the time to do so I plan to sell my PS1000e (which BTW is to remain in the lineup but obviously not with the Flagship status it has had). I love them but I know as good as they are they are totally overshadowed by the new Flagship and will make a great deal for someone who wants to save hundreds of dollars on a real classic.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #18 of 339
How does the tonal balance compare to the PS1000e (or other grados)?

I really like my GS2000e. They are on two different paths both of which depart from the generally accepted Grado SQ. The PS2000e is more natural, airey, with deeper reaching bass (best ever Grado in that regard & the following) with extremely good layering and detail of this new found bass qualities. Better spatial charectaristics both in width and depth and soundstage along with very impressive imaging and placement of instruments and voices So far at least 7 out of every 10 tracks I listen to with the the new Flagship sound better than I have heard on headphones in my system. To me that last part is a very powerful statement. I can firmly state that my listening habits are changing in that the PS2000e will continue to get the vast percentage of my listening time compared to my other very good phones (see my profile for a reference point). I know some of those will begin suffering from neglect).

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #19 of 339
is it really worth an upgrade from PS1000e? i mean is it really that significant improvement considering the price different. and based from your previous statement i think ps2000e is like Ps1000e with more balance more natural sound also have deep bass, am i correct? how about the weight? is it pretty much the same or is it heavier than ps1000e? thanks before. i'm looking forward for your review

Btw i know it's an OOT but i just saw your profile and you listed stax sigma. since i'm always curious with stax sigma.how is it hold against newer headphone? is it still worth to buy?

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #20 of 339
I really like my GS2000e. They are on two different paths both of which depart from the generally accepted Grado SQ. The PS2000e is more natural, airey, with deeper reaching bass (best ever Grado in that regard & the following) with extremely good layering and detail of this new found bass qualities. Better spatial charectaristics both in width and depth and soundstage along with very impressive imaging and placement of instruments and voices So far at least 7 out of every 10 tracks I listen to with the the new Flagship sound better than I have heard on headphones in my system. To me that last part is a very powerful statement. I can firmly state that my listening habits are changing in that the PS2000e will continue to get the vast percentage of my listening time compared to my other very good phones (see my profile for a reference point). I know some of those will begin suffering from neglect).
I guess an audition would be in order, but might be difficult to find a shop that has it in stock for demo. Still, way too much money for a pair of headphones.

Jun 4, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #21 of 339
@ESL-1 - could you post some photos of the driver from front and back?

Jun 11, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #22 of 339
DSCN4401.JPG
DSCN4421.JPG
@ESL-1 - could you post some photos of the driver from front and back?

These past two weeks and this one coming all have been a very busy on all fronts. Will try to get some pix posted this week. I will finally begin writing of my impressions. I very am much looking forward to thoughts from early owners. 100 hours breaking in again seems to be the magic minimum play time.

Saturday was the annual N.Y. Head Fi meet and I had the pleasure of showcasing the PS2000e. I had a good number of people visiting the table and all the feedback was extremely positive. As always Tom put together another fun event with great gear to see and listen to. Thank you does not cover all the effort he puts in.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #24 of 339
I owned a pair of PS1000 old version and I don't like it. Even now I believe the "V" shape sound of PS1000 is its cons. However, I love GS2000e, and PS1000e. Just wondering how ps2000e deals with mid-range?

Jun 12, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #25 of 339
More natural top to bottom. The low end is truly there, it reaches down low and does so with great detail and control. Lots of space and a multi layered presentation.

Jun 13, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #26 of 339
More natural top to bottom. The low end is truly there, it reaches down low and does so with great detail and control. Lots of space and a multi layered presentation.

That is good to hear. For $2600, I expect eargasms. :k701smile:

Jun 13, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #27 of 339
Sorry for the delay but work & home right now are quite busy. I expect to have the review together by the weekend.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #30 of 339
Between this thread and the PS2000e loaner thread, I'm really anxious to read reviews.

I am glad to say that I have posted what will probably be the main part of the promised mini review. I will add to it as I can but hope that you enjoy it and the thread as a lot of info has come out and hopefully you will all get an opportunity to get a chance to give this special headphone a listen..... I continue to look forward to more comments and posts as more hobbyists get the exposure to these, they are magical to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back