GRADO PS2000e MINI REVIEW........
Feb 12, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #151 of 339
A month ago it was 40 owners for the 2 countries. I receved the information because i spoke about the corrosion, from fingerprint, reported by a revieuwer that shows picture.
It was some fingerprint on the PS2000e, that I had tested, when i receved it.
The importator said: None of the 40 owners complaint about that.

The fingerprint had reduced because I remove mine each time i took this PS2000e in my hands. But not totally gone when i returned it. Since i use gloves.
i meant the price. how much ps2000e would cost in belgium and holland. sorry for not being clear. i just want to know because outside US the grado headphones would cost very high

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #152 of 339
i meant the price. how much ps2000e would cost in belgium and holland. sorry for not being clear. i just want to know because outside US the grado headphones would cost very high
Public price without discount
In Belgium and Holland: 3500 €
In France : 4000 €

Feb 12, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #153 of 339
Public price without discount
In Belgium and Holland: 3500 €
In France : 4000 €
thanks! hahahaha i see. man you must be very jealous looking at US pricing :D but you guys still paid for it, you must really love the sound

Feb 12, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #154 of 339
thanks! hahahaha i see. man you must be very jealous looking at US pricing :D but you guys still paid for it, you must really love the sound
I spent 2 years of my life before finding it. Given the number I have left to live .... Comparatively, it's cheap.:dt880smile:
To understand how much I love him, you will have to listen to it on a Chord Dave.:beerchug:
https://www.kitguru.net/tech-news/f...e-headphones-review-the-2017-2700-flagship/3/
I spend the same years to find a good source, for the Dave, the Bryston BDP3 and to understand that i can improve the sound with ferrites on the USB Nordorst cable and on the power cable.
The ferrites open the space. Nothing about darkness or frequence or transparency.
Until I met the Chord DAVE, I did not feel the sensation of the space.
I first understand "space" with loundspeakers only when the source, the monoblock and the DAC have to be placed on perfect isolator from mecanical vibrations but never with DSD.
DSD is flat.
Since my brain understand space, i can feel it a little with headphones but only when my minds about price are gone. Only when I taste the music without sound in my home.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #156 of 339
You guys in the US really have it easy! I'm so jealous :)
i'm not in US, the best price i could get for grado in my region is in singapore. southeast and australia are have some pricing issues for grado, not as bad as europe though

Feb 12, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #157 of 339
I edit my last post.

Feb 12, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #159 of 339
It is so difficult to get 220v versions of dacs/amps too. The used market is really that much smaller. I wish I live in the states.
You will probably have good luck with Schiit electronics. They are the primary electronics used by Grado in their development, they are mid priced but intentionally no-compromise, innovative designs built and marketed to avoid the egregious markup of the connoisseur brands; and by many peoples estimation, Their higher end items, all below $2000, and some much less,have few if any Superiors at any Price. You have choices of different voltages, balanced or unbalanced (true balanced), and many of the models not only are tube or tube hybrids, the company also makes actual solid-state tubes so that you can roll in and out any tube in the 6922 or 6DJ8 class, actually at least a dozen tube designations are perfectly acceptable, as well as plug-in transistors that go right into the tube sockets. The units are made entirely in the US, all components sourced from companies in driving distance from the headquarters, and the designers are veterans of some of the more innovative true high-end companies, and all they build are DACs, Amps, and all in one units for headphone systems… Although their amplifiers can beautifully drive efficient loudspeakers and or function as purist preamps. You order directly from their website, and they have five year warranties, no questions asked Return policies after listening at home… I don’t think there are any limits to where they will ship. I’ve owned about half of their product line and they have all been dynamite.

Feb 12, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #160 of 339
You will probably have good luck with Schiit electronics. They are the primary electronics used by Grado in their development,
So they don't use their own RA-1 anymore? Perhaps it does not do the PS2000e justice, although the impedance is the same as other Grados, at 32 ohms.

Feb 12, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #161 of 339
So they don't use their own RA-1 anymore? Perhaps it does not do the PS2000e justice, although the impedance is the same as other Grados, at 32 ohms.
Hi, they are still making and using the RAone, it’s just that despite being tailor-made and sounding good, it’s user functionality is a little limited, and the brand I mentioned offers a number of different types of amplification, different conversion technologies, all in one and standalone units. Schiit are generally a perfect impedance match, the Valhalla being slightly less so but still competent to drive the higher end grados

Feb 13, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #162 of 339
You will probably have good luck with Schiit electronics. They are the primary electronics used by Grado in their development, they are mid priced but intentionally no-compromise, innovative designs built and marketed to avoid the egregious markup of the connoisseur brands; and by many peoples estimation, Their higher end items, all below $2000, and some much less,have few if any Superiors at any Price. You have choices of different voltages, balanced or unbalanced (true balanced), and many of the models not only are tube or tube hybrids, the company also makes actual solid-state tubes so that you can roll in and out any tube in the 6922 or 6DJ8 class, actually at least a dozen tube designations are perfectly acceptable, as well as plug-in transistors that go right into the tube sockets. The units are made entirely in the US, all components sourced from companies in driving distance from the headquarters, and the designers are veterans of some of the more innovative true high-end companies, and all they build are DACs, Amps, and all in one units for headphone systems… Although their amplifiers can beautifully drive efficient loudspeakers and or function as purist preamps. You order directly from their website, and they have five year warranties, no questions asked Return policies after listening at home… I don’t think there are any limits to where they will ship. I’ve owned about half of their product line and they have all been dynamite.
What dya know...I am already Schiit fan. Currently using the mimby+saga+loki. And will buy a Gumby once the Analaog 2 board trickles over from Yggy. After trying quite a few dacs, cant imagine going back to delta sigma.

Though, I'm still on the fence regarding their amps lineup. Feel like they will be more of a sidegrade to my current amps.

Feb 13, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #163 of 339
Hi, they are still making and using the RAone, it’s just that despite being tailor-made and sounding good, it’s user functionality is a little limited, and the brand I mentioned offers a number of different types of amplification, different conversion technologies, all in one and standalone units. Schiit are generally a perfect impedance match, the Valhalla being slightly less so but still competent to drive the higher end grados

Just to set the record straight but Grado does not and has never used any Schiit equipment, nor does he use the RA-1 portable for development work. He does have quite an array of quality gear in the shop to make use of. BTW, that is in no way any sort of statement about Schiit products just the fact he has none and has never used any.

Feb 13, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #164 of 339

I've heard they use Graham Slee's Solo Ultralinear DE amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back