Grado PS2000e Loaner Program @ TTVJAudio.com
Sep 28, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #61 of 164
@joseph69 , I offered to write the review of @wormsdriver , who preceded me on the tour, if he would only just send me the headphones immediately without wasting his own time listening to them! But he didn't.

Thanks for your kind words...the review was a labor of love!

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #62 of 164
Hello all, been waiting to hear what @ruthieandjohn had to say and been watching this thread like a hawk.
what a review! my only gripe is maybe next time make it more detailed?...lol

So i am not going to attempt to follow that but i can say this, i was one of the first if not the first in UK to have the ps2000e. I plugged them in and let them burn in and then sat down and started listening.. didn't like them didn't know why, couldn't put my finger on it so i listened to another track.. then another... then another.. three hundred tracks later and i can't stop bloody listening, i can't figure out why they are so special,but they are. I don't want to use any of the easy options like it has more of this and more of that but what i can say is i do not listen to my ps1000e at all now, can't put my finger on it but i love these headphones, that being said the ps1000e are or were my favourites and are truly terrific. Is the massive amount of cash difference worth it to take them over the ps1000e, we are all mostly crazy here (ok speak for myself) and we spend crazy money chasing that dragon huh, all i can say is the ps1000e are still one of my faves, they just happen to be in 2nd place now..

sorry this wasn't very technical but had to put in my 2pence worth..

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #63 of 164
CONCLUSION

The improvement between the Grado PS2000e and its predecessor, the PS1000e, is far less than the improvement between Grado's new GS2000e and its predecessor, the GS1000e. I reviewed the GS2000e on its TTVJ Tour (here), and I found it to be better than any of my 26 Grado headphones except perhaps the PS1000. It was even better than my beloved GS1000i.

Great review. For me, the PS2000e improved upon my GS2000e in all ways, except in weight/comfort. I'm happy with the GS2000e, but I would take the PS2000e over it without too much hesitation.

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #64 of 164
... then another.. three hundred tracks later and i can't stop bloody listening, i can't figure out why they are so special,but they are. I don't want to use any of the easy options like it has more of this and more of that but what i can say is i do not listen to my ps1000e at all now, can't put my finger on it but i love these headphones, that being said the ps1000e are or were my favourites and are truly terrific.

Hey, I had EXACTLY the same feeling... "These have no business being liked as much as I like them, and I cannot understand why!"

Great review. For me, the PS2000e improved upon my GS2000e in all ways, except in weight/comfort. I'm happy with the GS2000e, but I would take the PS2000e over it without too much hesitation.

I wish I still had the GS2000e to compare to the PS2000e... your comparison is most helpful. The GS2000e improved upon the GS1000e, to my ears, a lot more than the PS2000e improved upon the PS1000e, but I also would believe that the PS2000e is better than the GS2000e.

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #66 of 164
@ruthieandjohn's review is comprehensive to say the least. my main take away from it is that the ps1000 out-performed the ps2000e technically, but fell behind when it came to the evaluation of the more intangible qualities such as 'excitement'. i know that i preferred the ps2000e to the ps1000e when i compared them briefly. however, while i found the ps2000e's mid-range more present and its bass presentation tighter, my overall impression was that it sounded even brighter and somewhat bass lite.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #69 of 164
Still trying to figure it out @ruthieandjohn ..
You are so right saying they have no business being liked as much as you like them.. They are the most more-ish headphone i have listened to, i have looked at treble and bass and soundstage etc etc, but these for me have an unmeasurable measurement that i simply cannot measure.. All i know is it has tons of it and i love it..

Sep 29, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #70 of 164
@joethemuss , to quote from the Epilogue of my review,

"There is a magical mystery missed by measurements..."

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #73 of 164
I know the PS2000e just came out. But can someone tell me when Grado will release the PS3000e ? That is the one I am waiting for !!!

:smile_phones: :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Hee hee hee.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #74 of 164
maybe 7-8 years from now

Oct 6, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #75 of 164
Thank you Todd for letting me participate in the loaner program.

So my time with the PS2000e has come and gone and I wasn't sure what to expect, but here is what I found.
These are my sincere feelings and short and sweet brief impressions of my time spent with the PS2000e.

I absolutely enjoyed the PS2000e very much, and their definitely a great sounding headphone which simply sound like a Grado. This is a good thing because I obviously love the Grado sound signature, but I felt as if I were listening to some sort of mix between my RS1i and PS1000, which again is a good thing being I love the presentation of both of these Grados. I'm sort of at a loss of words, because as much as I enjoyed the PS2000e I didn't find myself interested in owning them. I found the lower &mid frequencies sounding a bit thin at times, and I was also struggling to hear the instruments in the depths. I did find the upper frequencies to sound extremely smooth, and the lateral imaging to be excellent, which really caught my attention most of all about the PS2000e (and which I was only able to obtain by balancing my PS1000). Everything in between sounds like Grado too me.

Grado definitely has a great sounding headphone with the PS2000e, but at $2695.00 (w/SE termination) and for the most part, the same build with the exception of the redesigned diaphragm geometry/magnet/voice coil/maple driver housing and wider headband, I can't for the life of me understand their cost increase in comparison to the PS1000/e. I'm sorry to say this, but I feel Grado is just joining in on the $3K+/- headphone craze. I will definitely say this though, after hearing a fair share of $3K+/- headphones (In home on my set up) I would definitely take the PS2000e over any of them any day.

Just for the record, my
preference was my PS1000 (balanced) due to their mid-range sounding much more full bodied with rich emotion and soul.

PS: I told you this would be short and sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back