Grado Pads
Mar 23, 2006 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

NaOH

100+ Head-Fier
Where can I order flats/comfies while TTVJ is down?

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by NaOH
Where can I order flats/comfies while TTVJ is down?

First off, which do you want, Flats or Comfies? They are two different pads!

Comfies come on the SR-60 and MS-1.
Flats used to come on the RS-1 and came on the SR-100/200/300 and the HP-1/2/3.
(Bowls are what they currently ship.)

Amazon used to sell the comfies:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
First off, which do you want, Flats or Comfies? They are two different pads!

Comfies come on the SR-60 and MS-1.
Flats used to come on the RS-1 and came on the SR-100/200/300 and the HP-1/2/3.
(Bowls are what they currently ship.)

Amazon used to sell the comfies:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8

This I know.

Duh.

I've got bowls, and I want a pair of both of the other options. And if Amazon USED to sell the comfies, what good would that be?

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #4 of 17
Radioshack sells a headphone cover part that's pretty much exactly like the comfies for 3.99. Flats, you're just screwed until TTVJ is back up. But honestly, why would you want to pay 30 dollars for them when you could mod the 4 dollar comfies with a quarter and get basically the same results?

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #5 of 17
TTJV is down for the moment. Todd has been having problems with his ISP so he's busy switching servers at the moment. I'm not sure what caused it. Maybe it was the HF-1 rush...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
TTJV is down for the moment. Todd has been having problems with his ISP so he's busy switching servers at the moment. I'm not sure what caused it. Maybe it was the HF-1 rush...
very_evil_smiley.gif

It was.

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
I personally prefer reversed bowls with the SR-80. Flats caused the phones to go all muddy and drenched with bass.

Thought I should share my opinion (though I'm sure curiosity will still drive you to get the flats in the end).

i agree, i even prefer bolws over flats

Mar 23, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #10 of 17
That's what i was going to say is if you need some fast then put an ad in the for sale forums and most likely you will have some responces the same day.

Mar 23, 2006 at 12:32 PM Post #11 of 17
You can still cal Todd up on the phone, so anything you need is just a phone call away. I just ordered some stuff from Todd over the phone, and he said the site should be up soon!

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #12 of 17
not sure if this has already been mentioned, but what would really be helpful is a round up of all the pads available for grados discussing the pros and cons. prices and maybe a picture. anyway if anyone has any free time feel free to do this lol. and if its already been done a link would be cool.
rs1smile.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota
not sure if this has already been mentioned, but what would really be helpful is a round up of all the pads available for grados discussing the pros and cons. prices and maybe a picture. anyway if anyone has any free time feel free to do this lol. and if its already been done a link would be cool.
rs1smile.gif

Use the Search function. While there is no comprehensive thread that describes the pros and cons of different pads with different Grados/Alessandros, there are more than enough threads with relevant informations that can give you a clearer picture on a particular question.

Mar 23, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota
rs1smile.gif

You like video clips too?

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87932

Mar 24, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by NaOH
This I know.

Duh.

I've got bowls, and I want a pair of both of the other options. And if Amazon USED to sell the comfies, what good would that be?

Your post wasn't clear using a slash between them, like it was the same thing with two names.

What good? Well since they are "out of stock", they might just get then "in stock" again.

Duh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back