Grado Pads
Mar 23, 2006 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

NaOH

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Posts
193
Likes
0
Where can I order flats/comfies while TTVJ is down?
 
Mar 23, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 17

VR6ofpain

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Posts
2,626
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by NaOH
Where can I order flats/comfies while TTVJ is down?


First off, which do you want, Flats or Comfies? They are two different pads!

Comfies come on the SR-60 and MS-1.
Flats used to come on the RS-1 and came on the SR-100/200/300 and the HP-1/2/3.
(Bowls are what they currently ship.)

Amazon used to sell the comfies:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8
 
Mar 23, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 17

NaOH

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Posts
193
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
First off, which do you want, Flats or Comfies? They are two different pads!

Comfies come on the SR-60 and MS-1.
Flats used to come on the RS-1 and came on the SR-100/200/300 and the HP-1/2/3.
(Bowls are what they currently ship.)

Amazon used to sell the comfies:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8



This I know.

Duh.

I've got bowls, and I want a pair of both of the other options. And if Amazon USED to sell the comfies, what good would that be?
 
Mar 23, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #4 of 17

Meyvn

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Posts
1,992
Likes
12
Radioshack sells a headphone cover part that's pretty much exactly like the comfies for 3.99. Flats, you're just screwed until TTVJ is back up. But honestly, why would you want to pay 30 dollars for them when you could mod the 4 dollar comfies with a quarter and get basically the same results?
 
Mar 23, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #5 of 17

iSleipnir

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 9, 2005
Posts
1,363
Likes
0
TTJV is down for the moment. Todd has been having problems with his ISP so he's busy switching servers at the moment. I'm not sure what caused it. Maybe it was the HF-1 rush...
very_evil_smiley.gif
 
Mar 23, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #6 of 17

Meyvn

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Posts
1,992
Likes
12
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
TTJV is down for the moment. Todd has been having problems with his ISP so he's busy switching servers at the moment. I'm not sure what caused it. Maybe it was the HF-1 rush...
very_evil_smiley.gif



It was.
 
Mar 23, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #8 of 17

bolo_fd

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Posts
208
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
I personally prefer reversed bowls with the SR-80. Flats caused the phones to go all muddy and drenched with bass.

Thought I should share my opinion (though I'm sure curiosity will still drive you to get the flats in the end).



i agree, i even prefer bolws over flats
 
Mar 23, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #12 of 17

Dakota

Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Posts
63
Likes
0
not sure if this has already been mentioned, but what would really be helpful is a round up of all the pads available for grados discussing the pros and cons. prices and maybe a picture. anyway if anyone has any free time feel free to do this lol. and if its already been done a link would be cool.
rs1smile.gif
 
Mar 23, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #13 of 17

Zorander

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 14, 2004
Posts
5,491
Likes
25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota
not sure if this has already been mentioned, but what would really be helpful is a round up of all the pads available for grados discussing the pros and cons. prices and maybe a picture. anyway if anyone has any free time feel free to do this lol. and if its already been done a link would be cool.
rs1smile.gif



Use the Search function. While there is no comprehensive thread that describes the pros and cons of different pads with different Grados/Alessandros, there are more than enough threads with relevant informations that can give you a clearer picture on a particular question.
 
Mar 23, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #14 of 17

afbug

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Posts
656
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota
not sure if this has already been mentioned, but what would really be helpful is a round up of all the pads available for grados discussing the pros and cons. prices and maybe a picture. anyway if anyone has any free time feel free to do this lol. and if its already been done a link would be cool.
rs1smile.gif



You like video clips too?

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87932
 
Mar 24, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #15 of 17

VR6ofpain

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Posts
2,626
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by NaOH
This I know.

Duh.

I've got bowls, and I want a pair of both of the other options. And if Amazon USED to sell the comfies, what good would that be?



Your post wasn't clear using a slash between them, like it was the same thing with two names.

What good? Well since they are "out of stock", they might just get then "in stock" again.

Duh.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top