Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by fleasbaby, Aug 12, 2016.

1. DavidA
    @Brahmsian, I just like a lot of variety LOL. It also includes wine, woman and song :ksc75smile:

Brahmsian and capnjack like this.
  2. capnjack
    Sounds like you need to hear the Nhoord Red v2, Elleven Acoustica Ypsilon or Symphones V series drivers also :)

Brahmsian likes this.
  3. WoodyLuvr
    Would be interesting to hear what headphone amp/dacs people are using with their Nhoords.

I currently use a AQ DragonFly Black at home. I have extensively listened to my friend's Audeze Deckard and Benchmark DAC3 however, once the volume levels are balanced I honestly can not hear one bit of improvement over my DragonFly.

DavidA has highly recommended the Teac UD-301 (hopefully I will listen to one this coming weekend).

capnjack likes this.
  4. capnjack
    Today I’ve been alternating between my mojo and my little dot mk2 :wink:
    I actually quite like them with my Askewlabs cMoy bb too

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    WoodyLuvr likes this.
  5. DavidA
    In addition to the UD-301 I've been using Xonar DG and DGX sound cards, Fiio X3 and X3ii DAPs, Bimby/UD-301 + Lyr2/Ember and a Teac AH-01. About the only amp that I don't use with the Nhoord is the BH Crack (bad pairing IMO) and Asgard2 (in the bedroom where I don't listen much)

WoodyLuvr and capnjack like this.
  6. capnjack
    In the process of sourcing some alloy gimbals and rodblocks! :)

Pics to follow........:wink:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    WoodyLuvr likes this.
  7. WoodyLuvr
    Update?

8. capnjack
    Wheels are in motion......... more to follow!
    Pre-ordered today after a few emails and pics, but I can’t say anymore until they’re posted on website with details and final pricing :frowning2:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    WoodyLuvr likes this.
  9. capnjack
    So my Rholupat rodblocks have arrived and my Red v.2’s are now a lot more sturdy :wink: C92940D7-8075-45A0-8F3C-364715A4989E.jpeg

While I was searching for some more goodies I came across these............

672D4710-5C15-4A34-B3D1-358983C31352.jpeg

Hmmmmmmmm........... :)

613C6510-927A-423D-ADE9-2E6A048B797B.jpeg

WoodyLuvr likes this.
  10. DavidA
    @capnjack , where did you find the cups? Those look very interesting with the grill installed from the front. Nice gimbals also, got a price and where to buy?

WoodyLuvr and capnjack like this.
  11. capnjack
    Our good friend Rholupat is doing them on his site at the moment and I gotta agree they do look great!
    http://www.rholupat.com/grado-parts/cambio-mahogany.html

WoodyLuvr likes this.
  12. capnjack
    Thoughts?
    I can’t say anything about these yet, but when they’re ready I’ll let you guys know more! :wink:

4B870043-BA63-4FD8-9E44-A0F6908ABE15.jpeg

DavidA and WoodyLuvr like this.
  13. WoodyLuvr
    Concur! Clever design. A blackout grill version coupled with a very dark stained cup would be very interesting to see.

14. WoodyLuvr
    upload_2017-11-13_19-23-7.png

15. cathee
    Yes please. Can I just subscribe to this image? :grin:

capnjack and WoodyLuvr like this.