Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by fleasbaby, Aug 12, 2016.

1. capnjack
    Nhoord Red turned up today, still waiting on Sony headband, Rosewood cups and a cable!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    WoodyLuvr likes this.
  2. DavidA
    I liked the looks of the Angsana cups you originally got and ordered a pair LOL.

capnjack and WoodyLuvr like this.
  3. rikk009
    Hey guys! I wanted a closed back cans and was wondering if any of these drivers are good for closed back?

4. WoodyLuvr
    FYI: Jaco ( @javburg ) at Nhoord Audio developed the Nhoord Red drivers specifically for open-back applications.

5. capnjack
    They look good with the pale leather headband! :)

6. Astonish
    If you guys want or know anyone looking for Nhoord red v2 build already put together please let me know! I have one for sale built by David A that sound and look very good

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  7. DavidA
    I think there was one person on the Ypsilon tread that has a closed build but it uses the TH-X00 parts so it might be harder to do.

WoodyLuvr likes this.
  8. Oscar-HiFi
    So whats the consensus on the Nhoord driver sound?

Got a pair of these and Symphones V8 drivers on their way for a build your own grado article on Hifiheadphones :D

capnjack and WoodyLuvr like this.
  9. WoodyLuvr
    Looking forward to reading this article!

capnjack and Oscar-HiFi like this.
  10. Oscar-HiFi
    capnjack likes this.
  11. capnjack
    I can’t seem to find the rodblocks on the site, did you have to ask about availability?

12. Oscar-HiFi
    I believe you will need to contact them about extra parts, he just said he should have gimbals/rodblocks next week :)

13. WoodyLuvr
  14. DavidA
    Finished but might change things:
    Red-V2 - Ansagna -2.jpg
    Angsana cups, MDR-7506 headband

15. WoodyLuvr
    Does that extra depth on the outer face of the Angsana cups noticeably effect the sound of the Nhoord drivers?