Grado modders go Magnum
Feb 3, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #1,066 of 4,994

My recent score built by Ohrenholz. I went from cheapo Bestbuy Skullcandy earbuds to these 
beyersmile.png
 Yep I am happy!

Mahogany cups, Magnum V4 drivers, Headphonelounge head band, and Mogami cord.

Now to pick out a good DAC.

For more pics you can see it on his website http://www.ohrenholz.com/oh/Ohrenholz.html

Thanks to this thread I was able to find out about Magnums and what to get.

Well enough of my showing off (sorry i'm happy) and back to some music.

Feb 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #1,067 of 4,994

My recent score built by Ohrenholz. I went from cheapo Bestbuy Skullcandy earbuds to these 
beyersmile.png
 Yep I am happy!

For more pics you can see it on his website http://www.ohrenholz.com/oh/Ohrenholz.html

He's using you build on the front page. :D Some very nice headphones indeed. I'm thinking of getting a magnum done with the wenge cups he has available, so how do you like em?

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #1,068 of 4,994

Quote:
He's using you build on the front page.
biggrin.gif
Some very nice headphones indeed. I'm thinking of getting a magnum done with the wenge cups he has available, so how do you like em?

Yea he told me he was going to put up some pics on his site 
wink.gif

I don't have alot of experience with headphones but I feel its some of the best money I have spent. They look great, very light weight, and sound very good. I tried to find something wrong or a blemish but so far I can't find anything. I would definitely buy another pair. He was super fast with communication also.

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #1,069 of 4,994
This is my work in progress on my Magnum v4 in MCA Gabon Ebony cups and DHC Molecule.

As you can see on the pictures the cups are a little bit to high for my taste. I already bored them by a 1/4" and need to do another 1/8". I'm also waiting for a special sleeve for the cable.

Thanks

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #1,070 of 4,994
Black those bad boys out with black aluminum gimbals and you have pretty much my ideal set... Stupid car repairs.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #1,072 of 4,994

Quote:

beyersmile.png
 Yep I am happy!

Quote:
This is my work in progress on my Magnum v4 in MCA Gabon Ebony cups and DHC Molecule.

As you can see on the pictures the cups are a little bit to high for my taste. I already bored them by a 1/4" and need to do another 1/8". I'm also waiting for a special sleeve for the cable.

Thanks

Oh boy I want to buy another pair now....  Hey Twinster how do you like gabon ebony? I think it is the most beautiful wood. It's super dense correct so it would perform more like aluminum?
And Opiy, do you know what kind of cable sheathing that is? I can just ask Sylvan if you don't.

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #1,073 of 4,994
I also posted this over on the Martin Customs Appreciation thread, but since he turned my SR-80's into top of the line Magnum V4's, I figured I'd post here too.

Got my "project completed" email from Marty tonight. And I quote....

"Done.  These are going to blow your mind.  If they don't....then somehow you've misplaced your soul."

I haven't seen them yet, but he said he was going to post pics to his blog/website. Keep an eye out, should be a very nice set with his best Amboyna Burl/Ebony and the new gimbals!

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #1,074 of 4,994
floresjc, you will be happy with them, I am with mine and you can see mine on his page too, it's the FWJ#9.

Also I'm pretty sure I've solved the problem regarding the 'easily distorted drivers', the Ipod LOD is putting too much voltage methinks, which when I use my CLAS, it doesn't distort near as much, and this is through the cmoy with 4x gain, when I receive my O2 with the default gain plus the 1x/3x gain, it would be even more conclusive.

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #1,075 of 4,994
Wonderful work folks :)

Thats a really dope sleeving Opiy, I think I know where he got that mehehehe

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #1,077 of 4,994

Quote:
You should tell me Chris! I hope it's not a secret...

I sent him a bunch of Viablue sleeving, so I believe you're using dat high quality German stuff mang :)

I'm not associated with Ohrenholz for the record, I just like bumpin' a good product as a user of the same stuff I talk about, and his is up there. Poor guy does cups and mag builds and can't even talk about his experiences haha. 

Good thing if you talk about cables here you just get trolled to death, I'm not missing out on anything LOL.

By the way:

Does anybody listen to Dubstep on these? Before you give me that look through your computer monitor, I don't like the genre either but it sounds really dope on magnums. So full of life!

To be fair, stock RS-2's rock my cranium big time also.

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #1,078 of 4,994
Well Martin has finished my Magnum V4 build consisting of:

Full size low profile wooden cups in Hawaiian KOA
Silver Stranded Coated Copper 22AWG Cable with 3.5mm plug
Aluminium Gimbal
and of course Magnum V4 Drivers

They haven't arrived here yet but these are the Pics 
beyersmile.png

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #1,079 of 4,994
Marty posted pics of mine finally. I have to say, he did an awesome job. I also haven't received them yet, all I have is the photos for now.

Amobyna Burl Low Profile Widemouth cups
Amboyna/Ebony blocks/y-splitter
Magnum V4 drivers
OCC Copper in Dark Bronze
Aluminum Gimbals
Jmoney V3 headband
Neutrik connection hardware (fast switch 1/8 plugs on the cups)

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #1,080 of 4,994
Very very beautiful headphone Martin did for you. Love the Amobyna Burl wood. I also like the Low profile.  Waiting for the sound impression now. 
basshead.gif

Quote:
Marty posted pics of mine finally. I have to say, he did an awesome job. I also haven't received them yet, all I have is the photos for now.

Amobyna Burl Low Profile Widemouth cups
Amboyna/Ebony blocks/y-splitter
Magnum V4 drivers
OCC Copper in Dark Bronze
Aluminum Gimbals
Jmoney V3 headband
Neutrik connection hardware (fast switch 1/8 plugs on the cups)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back