grado lovers
Apr 23, 2002 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I had the 60,80,325s and didn't like anyone of them. Well maby I did like the 80s. So I bad mouth them especially the 325s. I accused them of being in my face attacking my ears and giveing me a headach. Now I was new to great cans when this took place. I have found out that I have been useing the volume much to loud. Twice as loud as I should be useing it. The volume was at 11-12 oclock on my stereo receiver and that is loud. Now after much agervation and woundering what is wrong with all my new cans for I have newer high end cans like the grados are. I found out that high end cans don't need to be played loud to sound great. So I turned down the volume to 2-3 noches around 9 oclock on my reciever. And the cans sound great ,pleasent, and very listenable and loud enough. I even get that wow at that level. SO I apolagize to all grado lovers for my negative remarks about the grado cans. The nice thing is that not one grado lover bashed me or said anything bad about me reguarding this. It just goes to show the class and restrant of the grado team. Please forgive me for being such an ass. I also have gained a new respect for team grado. A team with a lot of class.

Apr 23, 2002 at 12:58 PM Post #2 of 4
Team Grado Rulez
biggrin.gif

actually the pads you use with these phones make a world of difference in there sound.
The bowl pads which IMHO make them sound bright has lot to do with why some people dislike the way grados sound.

Infact I feel that you might get bigger change in sound by just changing the pads than moving higher along the grado lineup.

cheers
RawHit

Apr 23, 2002 at 1:11 PM Post #3 of 4
rawhit
I have had all three grado pads ans bowls and have a can that I really like now. the senn. 580s so I am done buying cans for now. But I apreceate your imput and will have nothing negative to say about grados in the future. My new policey is live and let live.

Apr 23, 2002 at 1:45 PM Post #4 of 4
Good policy to live by, lou.
cool.gif

I'll have a harder time trying to be humble with all the praises you're heaping upon Grado lovers.

Despite the fact that I'm not a fan of the Sennheiser sound, I'm still mighty glad to hear that you've found a good pair of cans to settle with for now. I wish you years of musical contentment.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back