Grado GS1000 purchase - recommendations please
Jun 9, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #31 of 40
From the tracking info you gave I can tell you that the shipment was posted on May 20 16:09:00, in a post office in Sofia and later the same day it was listed as "Item in good condition"(I guess that's more like an assessment of the sort ("good to send"). On May 22nd the item was received in a station responsible for abroad shipping and later that day it was shipped abroad. I checked some Bulgarian forums with people complaining about delays of the postal services and no new tracking information being entered. A lot of people say that the next tracking info they get after the last one you've gotten is for "shipment delivered". It seems like shipments to the UK, Italy, Australia don't get any new updates on the tracking than the final update when the item is delivered. I hope this is the case with you and you receive it soon, but the time delay already seems pretty extensive and abnormal. You can try contacting the UK postal service(I am sorry I don't know which one it is) with the tracking code you've received and see if they have any information about it.

It's probably safer for you to dispute the transaction(item not received) before you lose that right. It might not be the seller's fault(the shipment might be lost by the post services), but you are not at fault either and shouldn't suffer the consequences. Also... if the shipment is lost the seller could file a complaint with the postal services and get some reimbursement for it.

I hope this helps.

Also... for anyone buying from Bulgaria, if possible I'd advise you to use couriers rather than Bulgarian Post - for ages it has been slow and not very reliable. I've received shipments that have been opened, even as simple as letters. It's crazy...

Jun 11, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #33 of 40
Yes, thank you very much, pe3ucTop.  That's very helpful.

I will ask the UK Post Office today.  In the meantime I am waiting for 14 June before I am allowed to contact eBay again.

Planned a dedicated trip down to http://hifilounge.co.uk/highend-headphones in a couple of weeks.  Maybe it's time to for me to do some serious listening to many different brands/models.

Thanks to everyone here.

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #34 of 40
Well, as the seller stopped communicating with me I escalated the case on 14 June '14 and within the hour I had a full refund from eBay.

It was almost certainly a scam.  I haven't received anything but I've learnt some lessons.

Now to restart my search for some headphones.  Locally!

Thanks to everyone here for their good advice.  Cheers.

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #35 of 40
  Well, as the seller stopped communicating with me I escalated the case on 14 June '14 and within the hour I had a full refund from eBay.

It was almost certainly a scam.  I haven't received anything but I've learnt some lessons.

Now to restart my search for some headphones.  Locally!

Thanks to everyone here for their good advice.  Cheers.

Wow - great service from eBay!

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #40 of 40
Just read this and have a little comment. 

I bought a Digital SLR off eBay from a Russian seller (I noticed it was Russian right after I hit the buy it now button). Turns out it was a scam and ebay refunded my money. A couple of weeks later I received a box filled with copy paper. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back