Grado GS1000 purchase - recommendations please
May 22, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #17 of 40
Is there any way to see the customs declaration/documentation? If hes only declaring it for (say ~$20)... Thats a red flag.

Hoping for the best... Good luck!!!

May 22, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #18 of 40
The eBay listing states:

Signed for delivery.Will be dispatched on the next working day.Insurance will be added,so they will be declared for the real value

Some countries outside Europe may have custom taxes,which are buyer's resposibility

Paypal only

Delivery takes from 7 to 10 working days

Who knows what the truth is though.

May 27, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #19 of 40
No real news but a quick update.  The last line on the Bulgarian postal tracking website is:

22 May 2014 21:08:50BULGARIASOFIA LC/AOInsert item into bag (Otb) and Send item abroad Влагане на пратка в чувал (C 09) и изпращане в чужбина

So, it looks like something is being posted abroad from Bulgaria.  I'll probably give it until this Friday (30/05/2014) before I contact anyone.

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #20 of 40
Not surprisingly, I still have no headphones.

The seller responds to my questions within a few hours, asking me to wait "a few more days."  But the tracking information hasn't been updated since 22 May 2014.  So that's over two weeks since it apparently left Bulgaria.

I've opened a case on eBay and now I have to wait another 8 days to give the seller the opportunity to sort it out before contacting eBay again.

I'll update here again in 8 days.

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #21 of 40
Hate it when stuff like this happens.

You think you have something great on your hand but turns out to be nothing but trouble. Sorry to read this man. Maybe you can try finding out who is the carrier and contact them about why there's been no status update.

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #22 of 40
Hey, thanks moriez.

The carrier is the Bulgarian Post Office, apparently.  Only the sender is allowed to make enquiries about a shipment.  And my Bulgarian isn't too hot!

I guess there are a few lessons for me here:
1) winning an auction at a good price might mean it really is too good to be true
2) don't take a chance on Eastern European sellers
3) know exactly what you're buying: others here recognised that the picture didn't match the product
3) open a case on eBay early.  They still give the seller 8 days to work the issue out before considering getting involved.

Perhaps I need to stop being so tight and if I get my money back I should buy some NEW headphones!

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #23 of 40
the GS1000i has a thinker cable than the non i version

Jun 6, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #24 of 40
  Hey, thanks moriez.

The carrier is the Bulgarian Post Office, apparently.  Only the sender is allowed to make enquiries about a shipment.  And my Bulgarian isn't too hot!

I guess there are a few lessons for me here:
1) winning an auction at a good price might mean it really is too good to be true
2) don't take a chance on Eastern European sellers
3) know exactly what you're buying: others here recognised that the picture didn't match the product
3) open a case on eBay early.  They still give the seller 8 days to work the issue out before considering getting involved.

Perhaps I need to stop being so tight and if I get my money back I should buy some NEW headphones!

I feel your pain mate
frown.gif
It's a lesson I also learned the hard way!!

Interesting that the seller is responding to your messages, even if it's just to fob you off.  I wonder what's actually been posted to you, if not the actual headphones!?

Anyway, unless the seller can supply eBay with both proof of posting and proof of successful delivery to your registered address, then you should be covered.

Jun 6, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #26 of 40

Well, it looks as though something has been sent out of Bulgaria.  But there is no information about the parcel, or destination or source address.  So basically, I know nothing and have no leads.

Bizzarre!

Did you get an actual tracking ID, or did the seller just paste the shipping details text in a message to you?

Jun 6, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #27 of 40
Yes, URL for tracking, plus tracking number.  That takes me to a Bulgarian Post Office website, which shows 4 entries and then nothing after 22 May, when something leaves Bulgaria!

Jun 6, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #29 of 40
  It's a mystery
blink.gif

Yes, a mystery encoded in the Cyrillic alphabet!   There's not much English text on the website.  I've had to decode with the use of Google.

Here's the URL, etc.

http://www.bgpost.bg/?cid=176

Tracking number: ri098267266bg

In case anyone understand more!

Jun 6, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #30 of 40
Ugh... This is why only buy/bid on domestic items when using ebay. International shipping can be very slow. In and out of customs is not predictable, and depending on the countries involved can be untrackable... And theres almost no accountability too.

So now it looks like something has been shipped... Somewhere, last update 5/22. Hopefully it is an honest seller who really is trying on his/her side to deliver goods. But so far it appears to be a scam.

But this is what i mean about customs... They dont track anything as the parcel goes from one country to another. I have had shipments disappear for up to 2.5 weeks going from canada to usa and vise versa. I did receive the shipment... Its just more the uncertainty of not knowing.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back