GRADO GH-1 VS RS1i
Feb 9, 2020 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

braddo

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All.

Looking for some opinions/advice. Is it worth owning both these phones?

I have GH-1 use it a lot and like it, would RS1i compliment these or too close to bother?

Can anyone explain difference here, and please, try not to over exaggerate (I know it's easy to do this is a fun/exciting hobby).:beyersmile:

I use an amp, and used to listen to older rock/pop electric guitar based music but have moved to more modern rock/pop/post-punk even a touch of drum machines/keyboards lately.:flushed: Thanks!

Feb 9, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 5
I wouldn't recommend it. I've had several Grados (MS2; GH1; PS500e; RS2e), and they're too close sonically to make it really worth it. Unless you're a super-fan, a collector, or love the different aesthetics...

Feb 9, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Perfect Mightygrey! thanks for your answer. What's your most used Grado?

I read about all these differences between them, but i think most comments are a bit overblown. Still burning in my GH1, but some ms1's I have seemed a bit more open and spacious, will be revisiting them soon to compare.....just wanted nice timber cans, a complete package compared to plastic ms1's, something nice to own.

I may also take my question over to the Grado thread.

Feb 9, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 5
I kept the GH1s! Try the G cush pads if you haven't already, they're a good comfort upgrade, and a different signature if you're looking for a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back