Grado Fan Club!
Sep 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #4,366 of 65,468
Quote:
Correct. But he said "starter" so I assumed upgrade was par for the course and that "do it once and do it right" probably wasn't part of that discussion. I really think L-Cush is how it should be heard, but if you only have around $100, get the SR-60 and save your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you for the info. Ya, $100 is probably gonna be better right now

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #4,367 of 65,468

BTW, am I the only one who think the Martin Custom Audio site is the most annoying site ever?
http://www.martincustomaudio.com/#!/

I dread going there. Its almost to the point where I dont go there because of it. It usually winds up with me be frustrated and leaving, instead of looking at the beautiful works of art. 

Ahhh.  I've actually been waiting for at least one person to just email me to say if they don't like it.  I've been wondering if it works for most people or not.  

I'll be changing it back.

Sorry about that.

-Marty

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #4,368 of 65,468
Quote:

BTW, am I the only one who think the Martin Custom Audio site is the most annoying site ever?
http://www.martincustomaudio.com/#!/

I dread going there. Its almost to the point where I dont go there because of it. It usually winds up with me be frustrated and leaving, instead of looking at the beautiful works of art. 

Ahhh.  I've actually been waiting for at least one person to just email me to say if they don't like it.  I've been wondering if it works for most people or not.  

Sorry about that.

-Marty

Well, it WAS kinda busy.  I was O.K. with it but I can see where other people might not be.

Love your work!

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #4,369 of 65,468
Quote:

Sorry about that.

-Marty

Beautiful work!

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #4,370 of 65,468
Another proud owner of a pair of SR80i's, and Grado fan here. I bought them in November 2011, lost them somehow and recovered them a couple of weeks ago.
These things are amazing; but they impossible to get in Costa Rica, and very expensive to import.
After a couple of hundreds of hours reading forums an spin research I decided to give them a try and I had some mixed fellings at the beginning, finding them a little harsh and uncomfortable (I even ask for advise in head-fi to "solve" the problem). After some days of Listening day and night, either they are fully burn in, or my ears have become used to them and started to love the sound. Now I am afraid am I might be infected with Grado upgraditits.
Any way; I love them now, and can't get them out of my head. I love the sound signature for my music tastes, and find them not uncomfortable at all.
I think I might be upgrading some time soon, and do try DIY's in the future. :)

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #4,371 of 65,468
I purchased a set of Alessandro MS1's earlier in the year, 2012 and loved the sound. They just happened to be my intro into headphones and what they can do for the portable and home music sound. I liked them so much I just had to do some upgrades, I replace the headphone pad with one from Beyer and swapped out the pads for the 440's yellow. Then I did a search on line for the best in-ears for a trip to Florida and came across Shure's 535's and fell in love with these when I want to block out the world and enjoy the music (sound isolation at the best). BTW the Alessandro's and the Shures are the same price $100usd. Then I started looking into a set of cans strictly for home use with the Denon receiver or my new Hifiman HM601 slim and found my BEST pair yet AKG K240's ($80 on closeout). The bug has taken hold and will not let go, if there are headphones out there that sound better than either of the ones listed then (under $1000)  I am, and my budget will not hear them. These in my Honest Opinion are the cream of the crop and music just does not get any better. BTW when I rip music from the original source I rip in lossless format either WAV or WMA lossless, since FLAC seems to be to much of a hassle to rip or store. Plus not many (excluding my Hifiman) will support FLAC. If you have never hear either the Alessandro (GRADO 80i) or AKG's it is worth your time to check them out your ears will thank you.
dt880smile.png

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #4,372 of 65,468
Quote:
I purchased a set of Alessandro MS1's earlier in the year, 2012 and loved the sound. They just happened to be my intro into headphones and what they can do for the portable and home music sound. I liked them so much I just had to do some upgrades, I replace the headphone pad with one from Beyer and swapped out the pads for the 440's yellow. Then I did a search on line for the best in-ears for a trip to Florida and came across Shure's 535's and fell in love with these when I want to block out the world and enjoy the music (sound isolation at the best). BTW the Alessandro's and the Shures are the same price $100usd. Then I started looking into a set of cans strictly for home use with the Denon receiver or my new Hifiman HM601 slim and found my BEST pair yet AKG K240's ($80 on closeout). The bug has taken hold and will not let go, if there are headphones out there that sound better than either of the ones listed then (under $1000)  I am, and my budget will not hear them. These in my Honest Opinion are the cream of the crop and music just does not get any better. BTW when I rip music from the original source I rip in lossless format either WAV or WMA lossless, since FLAC seems to be to much of a hassle to rip or store. Plus not many (excluding my Hifiman) will support FLAC. If you have never hear either the Alessandro (GRADO 80i) or AKG's it is worth your time to check them out your ears will thank you.
dt880smile.png

Nice post  - I loved my MS1i before I started along the upgrade path.  Great gateway to the Grado world IMO.

I highlighted above - because I think you might have the model slightly wrong?  Thinking you mean SE215?  If it is SE535 for $100 - I'd love to know where you got them 
wink.gif

Sep 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #4,373 of 65,468
Quote:

Sorry about that.

-Marty

Ugh, sorry man, I just got really frustrated cause I went there after seeing the one guy's pic of those beautiful PS500s that he had and I just wanted to get info from your site on how I could do that to mine. I felt like I was playing a guessing game trying to figure out where to find the info I needed and it wasn't really clear to me the best way to navigate it. 

I wouldn't have even gone there if it wasn't for the fact that I love what you can do for Grados, though :)  Kudos! 

EDIT: Site looks great now!!

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #4,377 of 65,468
Quote:
Hi, 
Please welcome me to the community. I have owned a Sr80i and I really like it. 

SR-225 is the next step.

It will be your job to make sure no matter what, you don't give in and buy them! I wish somebody was my counselor because it would have stopped my hobby from getting this bad!

Sep 4, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #4,379 of 65,468
Sep 4, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #4,380 of 65,468
Has anyone ever owned a pair of these in ear grado they got a good review in what hifi..Grado iGihttp://www.whathifi.com/news
gradoigi.jpg
£90 100100 5

Balanced sound and an appealing tone make these headphones worth the price tag

Write your own review

1. Review
  2. Your Opinion
  3. Tech Specs
  1. For

Sound is detailed, dynamic and exceptionally balanced

2. Against

No inline mic for mobile phone users

Grado is more famed for its traditional, on-ear, hi-fi headphones, but it's a canny company when it comes to portable in-ears too.
The iGis produce an exceptionally balanced sound across the frequency range. There's a certain flavour to the sound, but it's a very appealing tone, which can be as exciting as it can be soothing depending on the type of track being played.
Spin Florence + The Machine's No Light, No Light and detail and dynamics are handed out in equal measure. The quiet, insightful moments concentrating on the vocal contrast well when the drum kicks into life.
There's no inline mic, which might put a few mobile phone users off, but they offer sufficient all-round ability to make them an excellent alternative to the Beyerdynamics - and worth the extra pennies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back