Grado Fan Club!
Dec 5, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #49,892 of 65,428

Spencer Cullum - Spencer Cullum's Coin Collection​

Another great Grado listen :) Very nice folk album with a 70s vibe.

Dec 5, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #49,893 of 65,428
What to buy next?
PS500e/x ?
Ps500 is probably the best performer for the dollar in the Grado Lineup. The problem for me with it is the weight of the headphone. It clamps my ears too much listening to hours even after adjustments. Still an excellent headphone to add to your collection.

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #49,895 of 65,428
Grado RS-1X with Schiit Valhalla II (Foton / Tungsram tubes) = pairing worthy of legend! (and not absurdly priced, too!)
FA99751E-3177-425B-95E8-7A2314D5585D.jpeg

Dec 6, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #49,896 of 65,428
AMIR is fake news and I suspect represent in some way big chinese tech. The way he shills those companies is not even subtle anymore.
Hes against analog, vinyl, tubes. He is for digital eq, DAC and 0.000000000% thd. He is literally the anti- hi-fi christ or something.

Back to Grado RS2x. 200 hours of burn in at least. Really happy with the sound.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #49,898 of 65,428
Anyone who has tried Marantz hd1 with Grado?

Dec 6, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #49,899 of 65,428
AMIR is fake news and I suspect represent in some way big chinese tech. The way he shills those companies is not even subtle anymore.

Hes against analog, vinyl, tubes. He is for digital eq, DAC and 0.000000000% thd. He is literally the anti- hi-fi christ or something.

he uses measurements to acts as a scientist/bearer of Truths, yet even when pointed some of his constant and undebatable errors, he plays the victim... He very rarely retract his mistakes, nor correct them.

Back to Grado RS2x. 200 hours of burn in at least. Really happy with the sound
Not sure if it's a perosnal dislike of him or the scientific analysis of audio that you object to? The only part of your PoV that I can agree with is that there is little to no validation of his data, and that his measurements are limited, so don't tell you everything, especially for phones and speakers; but he's clear about those caveats in the reviews (so why bother doing them is my question, so I ignore those results as they're largely meaningless).
However, that said I am a half bottle full kind of person, so will assume he's not deliberately trying to screw the world for some personal gain, after all he thoroughly reccommended a US designed and built unit that I own, so I applaud him for at least trying to debunk a lot of the myths. I also believe that the earth is round, and 5G particles are harmless when eaten or injected.
Imagine that your local traffic cops threw their calibrated speed cameras away, and started measuring your speed with just their eyes, and yet some folk will invest large sums of cash in audio gear in the pursuit or belief of transparency and accuracy often based on just that process. Bonkers.

Dec 6, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #49,900 of 65,428
Imagine that your local traffic cops threw their calibrated speed cameras away, and started measuring your speed with just their eyes, and yet some folk will invest large sums of cash in audio gear in the pursuit or belief of transparency and accuracy often based on just that process. Bonkers.
Brilliant analogy!

Now imagine being personally offended because you believe with your heart and soul that you have the fastest car on tbe road but the radar gun shows you that it actually isn't any faster than your sisters minivan.

Dec 6, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #49,901 of 65,428
Hi All, as announced a few days back I received the GS1000i today. They really are in mint condition and came with a new pair of original G bought a few weeks ago. Most important: I love how they sound :).

Attachments

• IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #49,902 of 65,428

Back to Grado RS2x. 200 hours of burn in at least. Really happy with the sound.
I'm sure he'd love your glowing endorsement... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

He doesn't seem to like things that don't measure well, i.e. Schiit, Grado and others that many like to listen to.

Dec 6, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #49,903 of 65,428
Anyone who has tried Marantz hd1 with Grado?
Do you mean the HD DAC1? If so, yes; though I have just sold it.
Brilliant analogy!

Now imagine being personally offended because you believe with your heart and soul that you have the fastest car on tbe road but the radar gun shows you that it actually isn't any faster than your sisters minivan.
That's describes most of the members of a forum run by a well known subjectivity magazine. What? High fi? I see two polar opposites. Amir's disciples in one corner, obsessed with quantitative assessment and possibly missing the point of sheer enjoyment of the music in the overriding pursuit of truth, the opposite in whf who believe data to be heretic. I think most people in this forum are sensibly in between.

Dec 6, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #49,904 of 65,428
Hi All, as announced a few days back I received the GS1000i today. They really are in mint condition and came with a new pair of original G bought a few weeks ago. Most important: I love how they sound :).
Congratulations & from the photo you posted they do indeed look fabulous. More importantly, they also sound fabulous. I love my GS1000i & it’s, IMHO, one of the best headphones ever made. 👍

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #49,905 of 65,428
Not sure if it's a perosnal dislike of him or the scientific analysis of audio that you object to?
Try to seek dissenting opinion of Amir. and start the process to uncover the truth about him.

What he did over the years is dig his grave deeper and deeper for anyone that has been on the scene for some time now. I see newbies and cheap folkk (who definitely tries to convince themselves that their AKG with EQ sounds just like Utopia). Doesnt matter what you think, the fact remains, Amir is a liar.

I have no personal vandetta against him, but its becoming clear that he has infected a lot of new commers in the hobby. that kinda piss me off people who prey on the ignorant

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back