Grado Fan Club!
May 28, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #47,566 of 65,046
Just another day at the home office....in very good company :).

Attachments

• IMG_1668.JPG
    IMG_1668.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
May 28, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #47,569 of 65,046
As someone with both the RS2e and the 325x, what are your impressions sonically? We’ve heard from folks saying the hemp and 325x are similar but I’d be curious how they compare to the RS2e.
I liked both the 500 and the 325e, but man, the combo of those metal cups and those nasty cables are a killer
The RS2e is more resolving, and "brighter". I think the depth of the soundstage is better front to back, up and down, but about the same width. If you have ever listened to an RS2e you know how the bass is. Not powerful in anyway, but is just beautifully done. Exacting maybe is the word? The 325x has a little of that too, but has the more prominent bass like the Hemp does. The 325x kinda has a combo thing going on, if that makes sense. Just my opinion.

May 28, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #47,570 of 65,046
Has the Hemp Hype cooled? Or are there more people who have attained Nirvana with them.

Reviews online have made them sound like the second coming.
They are a really good set of cans, IMO. I have the GS1000e, RS2e and now the SR325x, and I still prefer the Hemp over the others. I have other headphones from other manufacturers too, and the Hemp's still get most of my listening time.

May 28, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #47,571 of 65,046
Has the Hemp Hype cooled? Or are there more people who have attained Nirvana with them.

Not hype, it's really a great headphone, especially considering the price.

May 28, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #47,572 of 65,046
The RS2e is more resolving, and "brighter". I think the depth of the soundstage is better front to back, up and down, but about the same width. If you have ever listened to an RS2e you know how the bass is. Not powerful in anyway, but is just beautifully done. Exacting maybe is the word? The 325x has a little of that too, but has the more prominent bass like the Hemp does. The 325x kinda has a combo thing going on, if that makes sense. Just my opinion.
Thanks a lot - I appreciate the insight. Honesty, I am most excited about Grado's shift to a new cable - the one thing I really don't like about the RS2e (not a new complaint for sure). I sent a message to grado asking if there'd be the potential to replace the stock RS2e cable with the new 8-conductor found on the 325x, and they responded "please circle back to us in a couple of months". So, we'll see, might get updated cables all around...

May 28, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #47,573 of 65,046
I think what most folks are experiencing with the Hemp is the engaging factor that is missing from lots of other cans. Lots of others do things better but what first got me into Grado years ago was that fun musical engaging sound. It kinda made me remember what it's all about and throw everything else out the window!
Unfortunately for me, I didn't think the Hemp was that great (vs my old Rs1). Good but not great and quite frankly having trouble understanding the big hype since I didn't find them super engaging.
I am excited about the new X line and excited to see what else Grado has in store for us, hopefully the Rs1 gets updated and comes back with a vengeance!🤟😁

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #47,574 of 65,046

Like others have said, the Hemps are great regardless of the hype.

I think the reason the Hemps are getting so much praise is two fold.

1. They have a less "offensive" tuning for most people, making them a more gentle introduction to the Grado house sound.

2. They simply got way more press than any other Grado release as of late. The Hemp memes and the fact they were on Chanel's like techlinked made it so a lot more people knew about them. Then when people maybe tried them, the new tuning help them get into it more.

May 28, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #47,575 of 65,046
Couldn’t resist the temptation and 325x on order arriving next week. Eager to find out how they fair against my Hemp & Alessandro PRO. Maybe…just maybe the 325x cable will be a bit better to manage during long dog walks, lol.

May 28, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #47,576 of 65,046
Hemp Vs 5OOe =

Edit - I've not heard either , but the Hemp is getting some serious love , is it truly in the class of the high regarded 500e ? ,
Unless I've missed it I can't find any comparison on this thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back