Grado Fan Club!
May 17, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #47,251 of 65,550
I see that Bay Bloor Radio just added the new ‘x’ series to their site ... We’re getting kind of screwed with the exchange rate ... these headphones have a premium of around 40-44% over the US price.

I don't care. Here's why:
  • BBR is a family run business, and leasing a brick-and-mortar shop in Toronto isn't cheap. It's nice to speak to actual people.
  • Planet of Sound shut down because of the pandemic, as they weren't as established as BBR
  • I was fortunate enough to still have a job during the pandemic, so I'm not going to save a few bucks to make Jeff Bezos richer
  • If your headphone needs servicing during the warranty period, you can give them to BBR and they'll take care of you. This is much, much faster and cheaper than shipping it to the authorized dealer in Canada, because Canada Post is more expensive than USPS.
  • BBR routinely runs sales like $100 old headphone trade-in. Back in 2012, they had a one-day flash sale of the SR60i for $66 to celebrate their birthday.

I bought two $150 cables last October. Why? To support the people making them because they were both handmade. Eventually, when I upgrade my current TV to an big bad OLED, I am fairly certain I will buy it from BBR instead of Best Buy. (Best Buy doesn't typically showcase the best models anyway.) BBR will not win a price war with competitors; it must focus on quality service and convenience.

May 17, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #47,252 of 65,550
BBR is a family run business, and leasing a brick-and-mortar shop in Toronto isn't cheap. It's nice to speak to actual people.

It ain't cheap, that's true. And BBR's crew are lovely people to talk to :L3000:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
May 17, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #47,253 of 65,550
Just bought the SR325X through Amazon. Scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. Will post impressions later this week. I'm excited!

May 17, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #47,255 of 65,550
May 17, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #47,257 of 65,550
Congrats man, looking forward to it. Will you be comparing it to other Grados?
That's my plan. I have the Hemp (of course), RS2e and the GS1000e.

May 17, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #47,259 of 65,550
I understand why people buy off Amazon. It's insurance if you think you might hate and return the headphones, or if you get a defective product, as Amazon can undercut 4OE with return shipping.

But Amazon takes a cut of the sale. If you want to support the Grado family and ensure they get all of your money, just buy off 4ourears.com if you can (USA residents only).

May 17, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #47,261 of 65,550
Sold by 4ourears.dont ship outside us
I understand why people buy off Amazon. It's insurance if you think you might hate and return the headphones, or if you get a defective product, as Amazon can undercut 4OE with return shipping.

But Amazon takes a cut of the sale. If you want to support the Grado family and ensure they get all of your money, just buy off 4ourears.com if you can (USA residents only).
They don’t ship outside US. For us outside US Amazon is the only option.
Considering to upgrade to X.
Already have too much gear.
Think I must sell my mmx and 225 first.

May 17, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #47,262 of 65,550
May 17, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #47,263 of 65,550

4ourears doesn't take my Amazon Credit Card. It was an impulse buy. But I agree with you.

May 17, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #47,265 of 65,550
Does anyone know how to get their hands on these "new" pads and if they are any different than the ones from TTVJ for years now? I've failed to spot them on the Grado website along the other pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back