Grado Fan Club!
Apr 20, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #46,936 of 65,550
I have never heard of DMS before you quoted him. :wink: I´m not sure what to think about ZEOS reviews meanwhile...
I only like The HEADPHONE Show actually.
What do you mean The Headphone Show ? Where can we find it ..thanks.

Apr 21, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #46,938 of 65,550
I noticed today that my Grado earpads are disintegrating, black pieces flake off from them when I rub the pads...I never used the earpads. I just stored them in a zip lock in my drawer for like 7-8 years...

I am looking to order some new pads...What is a good durable pair of earpads that doesn't have this problem ? something that lasts a long time ?

I also have a pair of HD414 pads. Do HD414 pads sound as good as the stock pads ? Should I order another pair of HD414 or should I order something similar to the stock pads ?

One more question, Shall I wash my HD414 pads ? one of the pads is a bit dirty, is washing them safe ?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #46,939 of 65,550
I also have a pair of HD414 pads. Do HD414 pads sound as good as the stock pads ? Should I order another pair of HD414 or should I order something similar to the stock pads ?

My 414 pads outlived my L pads (the stock pads), which disintegrated years ago. The 414 sound great and are really comfortable. The only reason I don't use them is the horrible color. That bright yellow used to work with the SR series, but it sucks with my current Grado models.
One more question, Shall I wash my HD414 pads ? one of the pads is a bit dirty, is washing them safe ?

Yes, it is safe. Wash away.

Apr 21, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #46,942 of 65,550
It wouldn't change their shape or make them smaller or bigger ?

Many Thanks

Nope. The size and color will remain exactly the same. I still have my set (washed many times), which I purchased eons ago.

I actually like the yellow color...I own a SR225i and like the combination of colors.

Yeah, they look good on any of the SR models.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #46,944 of 65,550
You mean the HD414, right ?
Yes

Are there any other pads that will work well with Grados and is durable ?

Honestly, I have not purchased any pads that absolutely sucked. Sure, some sound better than others, but I never purchased one that destroyed the Grado sound.

My favorite pad is the stock L pad with covers to reduce the itchy ear problem I get using them. The G pads are my second favorite but they change the signature of the RS2e and the GH2. I only like them with those two models. Pretty much everything else I bought (after market pads) was fine (didn't alter the signature too much).

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #46,948 of 65,550
Hey there,

a friend of mine bought a hemp. He is a bit older and has no account here or is a friend of the internet at all. So i ask for it.
He is absolutly in love with the finish of the cups and the hemp in general.

But he maybe would like to return cause of the little driver (both sides) issue on the picture below.
For me it is nothing special/ no big deal. Functionality is given.
But he is afraid to change and get a pair he optically don´t like that much as the pair here and have the same issue with the driver at the end.

The dealer offers him a return for a new pair. What would you do? Any experiences?

Thank you

Hi. For those who collect limited versions, there are now a pair of HF2 on sale through Hifishark/Italia. Its not my ad.
Nice info, only 544 pairs where made of it as i know.

Attachments

• Hemp.jpg
    Hemp.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 0
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 0
  • 0.png
    0.png
    718.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #46,950 of 65,550
Hey there,

a friend of mine bought a hemp. He is a bit older and has no account here or is a friend of the internet at all. So i ask for it.
He is absolutly in love with the finish of the cups and the hemp in general.

But he maybe would like to return cause of the little driver (both sides) issue on the picture below.
For me it is nothing special/ no big deal. Functionality is given.
But he is afraid to change and get a pair he optically don´t like that much as the pair here and have the same issue with the driver at the end.

The dealer offers him a return for a new pair. What would you do? Any experiences?

Thank you

Nice info, only 544 pairs where made of it as i know.

I think this is pretty normal. These are handmade headphones, so they don’t have the factory precision that some brands have. Grados are like a hand-built, artisanal headphone, so they’re full of visual imperfections like these.

Mine look the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back