Grado Fan Club!
Oct 12, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #28,501 of 65,523
  Hello everybody . Could someone tell me what model is this ??

How do you like them?

+1
Yeah I remember that also.

Yeah, they were very unhappy.

If only it was that easy, I would love to join you, on this wonderful journey that you're about to go on, with the Stax.
You know that I'm a car guy, so I have a tendency to compare headphones to cars. I see the Stax 009 as a Bugatti Veyron, and my HP1000 as a Shelby Cobra. I consider myself very lucky to have stumbled across the HP1000. I said stumbled, because I wasn't looking for a pair, I was at my local audio store, shopping for a turntable cartridge, and they were just sitting there, among the new Grado headphones, and after a few minutes of listening to them, I was hooked.
The thing is that, I could never bring myself to part with my HP1000, my Bushmills, or my GH-1. Another thing that I couldn't part with, is my ultra rare Grado HPA-2. So few of them were maid, that I though I'd never be able to own one, but thanks to Parbaked, I'm now the proud owner of a mint HPA-2.  
You are one of the Troopers whose opinion I trust, and since you own the PS1k and the GH-1/G, I'm looking forward to reading your impressions on how those two compare to the 009.

Well...I hope its a wonderful journey I'm going on. 
I'll be sure to post my impressions…just don't know when, LOL!
beerchug.gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #28,505 of 65,523

Grado plz release this headphone series..
L3000.gif

If Grado did decide to release the RS3, how much do you think they would sell for? I'm guessing $500-$550 Canadian.

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #28,506 of 65,523
Yeah they look beautiful . I'll read about this prototype a bit more as i've never heard about that model . When I accidentally found that photo my jaw dropped and i said to my self : What the *@ck is that I'm seeing ?!! lol i  prefer the looks of the older grados without the big mushroom cup .

Oct 13, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #28,507 of 65,523
If Grado did decide to release the RS3, how much do you think they would sell for? I'm guessing $500-$550 Canadian.

They'd likely have been priced under the RS2, probably $300-400 I'd imagine. But the 325 is already $300 and at $400 the RS3 would only be $100 cheaper than the RS2, likely not enough price difference to support a new product. I suspect that's why they never came to market, unless they were designed to take the 325s spot in the line up.

I really love the low profile wood cups. If the sound quality was as good as the RS1/2, I'd prefer the low profile look, personally.

Oct 13, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #28,508 of 65,523

They'd likely have been priced under the RS2, probably $300-400 I'd imagine. But the 325 is already $300 and at $400 the RS3 would only be $100 cheaper than the RS2, likely not enough price difference to support a new product. I suspect that's why they never came to market, unless they were designed to take the 325s spot in the line up.

I really love the low profile wood cups. If the sound quality was as good as the RS1/2, I'd prefer the low profile look, personally.

Me too, I also like the thinner cable.

Oct 13, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #28,509 of 65,523

I made a couple of pairs of low-profile cups that were basically the non-i SR series except made out of a single piece of wood. I liked what I heard. Was actually thinking of making another pair in Bubinga the other day (I have a few pieces spare).

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #28,510 of 65,523
I made a couple of pairs of low-profile cups that were basically the non-i SR series except made out of a single piece of wood. I liked what I heard. Was actually thinking of making another pair in Bubinga the other day (I have a few pieces spare).
Oh please do it if you've got the time. Bubinga is such a beautiful wood.

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #28,512 of 65,523

pics or it didn't happen! :D
:popcorn:

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #28,513 of 65,523
pics or it didn't happen! :D
:popcorn:

LOL...

I think I ended up SennGradoing them. The pics are in the SennGrado thread. The Bubingas, they are on the cards, I am just kind of wrapped up in making layered cups right now. Just finished a pair with Mahogany outside faces, Walnut bodies and Paduak driver seats.

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #28,514 of 65,523

Grado plz release this headphone series..
L3000.gif

Considering they are based on the SR series design but in wood I expect around $350-400 US dollars.
I always wondered why they never released it....
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back