Grado Fan Club!
Dec 10, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #20,791 of 65,523

I am LOVING them with my new WA3. Man, I am seriously behind on my sleep, as a result 
L3000.gif

mine should be here saturday , so looking forward to it

Dec 10, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #20,793 of 65,523
I just discovered the best Grado mod ever (for models that use the S foam things).

And it's free!

Just stretch the steel band a little, like people tend to do. The foam becomes less compressed against the head. That extra 1mm distance against each ear gets rid of a lot of the muffleness, and the sound becomes overall more pleasant.

EDIT: Listened the the less clampy (°_°)phone for half an hour. My ears are feasting on the delicacy of sound. Now playing: God Said by Todd Rundgren.

Dec 10, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #20,794 of 65,523
Dec 10, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #20,796 of 65,523
Dec 10, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #20,799 of 65,523
SCORE!

After 20 years of putting it off, and tired of waiting for Spotify or Deezer to stream this, I broke down and finally bought this import CD.

And no, it's not satanic, but it is one of the trippiest prog records ever...

Aphrodites Child, the Four Horsemen.

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #20,800 of 65,523

You know, I recently acquired an NAD D 1050 and it sounds really nice with Grado. I brought it to a meet and it matched up extremely well with the GS1K, which is why those cans are on my next-to-buy list. The DAC/amp comes with a 3.5mm jack. I think this is a trend that we will see more of ... for better of worse.

A couple of years ago I bought an new Adcom GFP-750 to use an a headphone amp and it also came with a 1/8" HP output, which I wasn't thrilled with at all. I eventually sold it after getting into dedicated HP amps. 

Apparently they are all shipping with the brown headband now :) Any difference between this headband and the one on the Bushmills?

I only had the Bushmills X for a short time, but I do believe it was the same color.

congrats, they look great. And they sound...?

Thank you!
So far so good! Even after a couple of hrs they started sounding good, but they do need more burn-in (of course) to open up. But IMO there is a very big difference between the i/e series.

Agreed. I wonder whether you can buy just the brown leather headband an replace the one already on the headphones... That being said, I am not sure it will work well seeing as the mahogany is much darker on the other series.

Your right, the cups on the GSe's are much lighter in color than the (i). The (e's) are more like a honey color, so the headband matches nicely…otherwise the (i) series cups are too dark for this headband. Also this headband looks more like a caramel color rather than tan/brown too me.

Quote: are

If you want to have a brown one that looks good with wood, get the 'Coffee Manta' as seen here on my SR325iS:

Now this color looks like a real nice match for the (i) series wood cups!

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #20,801 of 65,523
  The GS1K's arrived tonight, and to my surprise with a tan headband.
I sure hope these sound as sweet as they look for me…letting the WA6 warm up a bit then going for a nice listening stretch!

m.

Whoa!, Joseph, congrats buddy, Frankeinstein is in the house, normally, I see you have one of those soft extra padded Bushmills headband YAY!, oh!, but also have the SR60's 1/8 plug, NAY!.

Seriously though, they look awesome, and if they do sound as good as they look, you're in for a treat, enjoy them.

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #20,803 of 65,523

Whoa!, Joseph, congrats buddy, Frankeinstein is in the house, normally, I see you have one of those soft extra padded Bushmills headband YAY!, oh!, but also have the SR60's 1/8 plug, NAY!.

Seriously though, they look awesome, and if they do sound as good as they look, you're in for a treat, enjoy them.

Thank you!
I agree, it bothers me enough to peak my interest to as why they are terminated in 1/8"?
Weren't the GS/PS1Ke's supposed to be the only 2 models terminated 1/4"? 

They are sounding nice so far in the short time I've spent with them listening through the WA6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back